IS THAT ALLOWED?

Loki~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        I watch prisoners file past my cell, the occasional one sending me a sidelong glance. "Odin continues to bring me new friends." I say, turning. "How thoughtful." My mother, Frigga, stands there.
        "The books I sent, do they not interest you?" She asks, moving her gaze from the books to me.
        "Is that how I am to while away eternity? Reading?" I ask. The books had been a welcome distraction when I had first been sent into this cell, but they did nothing now.
        "I've done everything in my power to keep you comfortable." She replies, and I cannot stop the words from spilling from my mouth.
        "Have you?" I ask. "Does Odin share your concern?" She remains silent, and it is answer enough. I knew Odin did not care what happened to me. He didn't care if I rotted away. It would only mean that a cell had reopened. "Does Thor?"
        "Your brother," Frigga begins, and I can tell from her tone that she was changing the subject, "has kept your father busy today. He brought back his woman from earth. Jane." I look away, towards the floor. "And the woman you both spoke of. Ophelia." My head snaps up, and I quickly turn to look at her.
        "What are they doing here?" I ask, frowning. Mortals weren't allowed on Asgard, no matter how extraordinary they were.
        "I'm not sure. Thor had them taken to the healers the second they arrived. I did not get the chance to see or talk to either of them." She speaks calmly, though I can see the curiosity on her face.
        "Why were they taken to the healers?" I ask, keeping my tone neutral.
        "Once again, I do not know. I came to do my normal talk with you before the healers finished their examination, and your father-"
        "He is not my father." I cut her off angrily. She pauses for half a second.
        "Then am I not your mother?" She asks quietly. I clench my teeth, looking away. I knew what she wanted me to say. I knew what I wanted to say. I knew what I had to say.
        "You're not." Frigga turns at my words.
        "Huh. Always so perceptive about everyone but yourself." She murmurs. Regret courses through me, and I turn, reaching towards her. The second I touch her, she dissolves. I'm left completely alone, my thoughts and worries the only thing to keep me company.

Ophelia~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        By the time we reach the library, I'm able to hold myself upright. It doesn't stop Jane from sending me worried looks, and Thor from placing his hand on my arm every once in a while. Odin speaks when the doors close behind us.
        He launches into a story about the dark elves and something called the Aether, which was apparently what was inside Jane. He explains that they had a leader, Malekith, who fought to pull everything in the universe into darkness. He tells us that all of the dark elves had been killed by his father, and that there is no way he knows of to get the Aether out of Jane. 
        When Odin departs, Thor takes Jane to change, and I hesitate, staying behind. I knew they needed time alone, but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. Where I was supposed to go.
        "Excuse me?" I turn, startled. "I'm sorry, I did not mean to startle you." The woman in front of me has a soft smile, her golden hair pulled up. She's wearing golden robes, and it only takes me a moment to figure out who she is.
        "You're the queen, right? Um..." I try to remember her name.
        "Call me Frigga." She supplies, and I nod once. "You're Ophelia Winters, correct?" I nod slowly.
        "Thor told you about me?" I guess, and she shrugs.
        "Some came from Thor, yes." She allows, taking a few steps forward. "Most came from my other son."  I raise an eyebrow at that. This was the first I had heard of Loki since I had gotten here.
        "Loki." I say quietly, and she nods. "Is he..." I trail off.
        "He's in the palace dungeons." Frigga answers. "His trial was quick when he returned. Thor fought for him, said that he had been controlled."
        "He had." I reply, and she looks surprised by my blunt answer. "I saw proof. The fact that he healed me after the entire battle should've been some sort of proof."
        "He healed you?" She asks. I frown.
        "I had been stabbed by one of the Chitari." I begin. "I wasn't healing fast enough. I was bleeding out. I was going to die within minutes. He used his.... magic, I believe, to heal me." She nods once, glancing around.
        "Well, from what I've heard, you're a woman of great power." She turns back to me. "And woman of great power needs to be dressed accordingly." I look down at my T-shirt and jeans, frowning.
        "What's wrong with..." I trail off when I see the look on her face. "Alright then, lead the way." She smiles, leading me out and through the hallways.
        She has me change into a sleeveless, emerald dress. It barely brushes the floor, tightened slightly at my waist. I'm surprised by how well it fits. When she asks to do my hair, I'm surprised, but I say yes. She makes small talk as she fiddles with strands, pinning them up. She asks about my powers, and the team. 
        "And your family?" I still when the question arrives, though I had been expecting it somewhat.
        "I don't have anything to do with them." I murmur. I feel her hands still for a moment, but they quickly resume.
        "Well, I believe I'm finished." I look up into the mirror for the first time, and I'm surprised. The front half of my hair is pulled back into a lose braid, while the rest falls around my shoulders. What surprises me most is the golden strands she's woven into my hair. She puts a hand on my shoulder.
        "Thor is showing Jane around the palace." Frigga says. "I plan to meet with them later. But..." She trails off. "Would you like to see Loki?" I look up at her, frowning.
        "Is that allowed?" I reply, and she shrugs again, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.
        "I'll send you down, but be warned. I'll call you back up in a few moments." She says, and places a hand on my arm. I blink once, and my surroundings transform from the golden asgardian room to one of a dark room, filled with golden cells. directly in front of me is a single cell, the only one filled with any sort of furniture.
        Loki sits with his back to me, against one stone pillar. I walk up, the shoes Frigga had given me silent on the stone floor. I don't miss Loki tensing, though he attempts to stay calm and still.
        "It's strange." I say quietly, and Loki stands quickly, turning in surprise. "Both SHIELD and Asgard favor clear cell walls."
        "Ophelia." His voice is even, his gaze locked on me. I'm glad to see that his eyes are still that emerald green. "You really are here." I shrug, leaning against the stone.
        "Thor brought me." I say simply. He nods once, and I reach out, pushing my fingers against the magic walls. "So, I have to ask." He raises an eyebrow curiously. "Are these guards as fun as I was? I like to think I'm the best guard when it comes to high ranking criminals, but who knows?" He lets out a low chuckle.
        "These let me go to the bathroom when I wish." He replies, and I smile.
        "So no, not as fun." I conclude, and he just shakes his head. "C'mon Honey, give me more than that." He looks me over once.
        "I assume my mother had a hand in your dress." I glance down, realizing it was the same color as his tunic.
        "She's also the reason I'm down here at all." I reply. "She's going to be magicking me back up at some point, though she didn't actually specify when."  He nods absentmindedly, glancing around to the other cells.
        "She does so many things she shouldn't do." He murmurs.
        "You had to get it from somewhere." I shoot back, and he just turns, his back to me. I frown. "Loki-"
        I blink, and the cell is gone, replaced by the golden bedroom. I turn to see Frigga standing there. "I do hope I gave you enough time?" She says carefully. I hesitate before nodding. "Well then, let's go meet Thor and Jane, shall we?"