Chapter 3

POV: Louise

The cat-like creature screeched in anger. It's cries sounded glitched, like a bad video game. It was the same green as Kuchi-kopi and... melting? The creature looked gooey, as if it's own body were melting into a pile of green muck.

Louise bolted away to her room in terror. She heard the creature's screams grow agonizingly louder as it scaled the walls to follow her. Out of a strange impulse Louise grabbed Kuchi-kopi and shoved it in the monster's face as it charged her room. And to Louise's complete surprise, the monster stops dead in it's tracks. It was silent as the creature eyed the nightlight. The creature then snatched Kuchi-kopi in it's front claws and scrambled out of the room.

Louise stood there in shock for a moment. What on earth just happened? The monster took Kuchi-kopi? This was getting more and more bizarre as the minutes went on.

Louise sneaked past the monster, which was in the living room gnawing on the Kuchi-kopi nightlight with it's gooey green jaws. Louise wanted to strangle the creature for treating him so harshly, but it was best to keep her distance. She tip-toed down the steps and out the door. She quickly slammed it shut behind her. She didn't want to risk that creature following her out. It was late morning. The sun was high in the sky by now. Right now Louise was supposed to be at school.

Louise walked over to their restaurant door. The sign on the door read, "Sorry! We're closed."

Clearly, nobody had opened yet. But despite this the door was unlocked. Louise could push it open with ease. Nothing here looked abandoned. There was no sign of struggle. No clue that would point towards her family's disappearance. Everything looked just how they left it. Clean, untouched. Her family had just vanished without a trace. Louise's curiosity got the best of her. Was everyone gone, or just her family?

Louise left the restaurant and crossed the surprisingly empty street to Jimmy Pesto's. Louise peered through the glass.

Empty.

"Where'd all the people go?" Louise asked, hoping the mysterious voices would answer her, "and why is there a MONSTER in my HOUSE!?"

No reply.

"You're no help, mystery voices! No help at all!" Louise cried out in frustration, "I just- I just want my family back." Louise sniffled, whipping tears from her eyes.

"Wake up."

"OH NOW YOU TALK!?" Louise shouts, "YOU ARE SO CONFUSING! I AM AWAKE! HOW ELSE WOULD I BE TALKING TO YOU!?"

No reply.

"HELLOOOO!?" Louise yells.

Silence.

"OHOHO!" Louise laughed, "SILENT TREATMENT HUH!? YEAH JUST LEAVE THE CHILD ALONE WITH THE GREEN GOO MONSTER!"

Louise sighed. Why was this happening to her? This wasn't fair. Louise trekked across the empty street. She opened the door to the house and went back upstairs. She didn't care if the monster killed her anymore. Everything was gone.

//Hey everyone! That's chapter 3! Stay tuned more chapters coming soon! I'm really excited for this story. I have big plans. Don't wanna give anything away but pay attention I'm leaving clues to what happened all over these chapters.//