Chapter 7

POV: Louise

"They're here to see her."

"Bring them in."

Louise jumped awake. Did she hear something? Maybe it was just her mind playing tricks on her. She checked the clock, well knowing it wouldn't be a reliable source, but checking anyway.

'4:30 pm'

That time still felt important. But Louise didn't know why. This was all so confusing.

"We're back. We came back, Louise. See? We care. We're here. You'll be okay. You just have to pull through."

"Oh you're back," Louise grumbled, "why'd you abandon me yesterday? I needed you."

"She can't hear us, mom."

"Uhm yes I can!" Louise retorted, "wait- mom!? Who's mom!? My mom!? Do you know where she is!?"

"Have hope."

Louise couldn't tell if they were talking to her or if they were talking to the other voice.

The rest of the mysterious voices conversation became muffled out and disappeared. Louise guessed only some of their messages could get through to her. Or maybe they were blocking her out?

"Hellooooo!" Louise called, "I'm still here! Can you please at least tell me what's going o-"

Another sharp pain struck Louise. She grabbed her head.

The voices began to return. They were muffled at first, but quickly became more clear.

"All I'm asking is for you to be a little more hopeful! Your sister is barely alive! We need to stay strong so she can get better!"

"And all I need is for you to realize it's hopeless! If you don't it will only hurt more when she inevitably never wakes up!"

Louise wanted to question them. But she was still writhing with pain. This headache was longer and more intense than the others.

The voices became muffled and faded out again. So did her headache. She was left in confusion, shaking.

"What?.." she shuddered.

//Okay WOW!- That was rough.. stay tuned for chapter 8!//