Chapter 16

//Oh boy it's the finale here we go..//

POV: Louise

It was pitch black.

"Hello?" Louise called. Her words echoed around the void.

She was hoping her family's voices would return, but they didn't. It was quiet.

"Anyone?" Louise called.

She wandered aimlessly in the void for what felt like hours, calling for people who couldn't hear her.

Louise sat down, taking a break from her search. She sniffled, tears beginning to flow down her face.

"I just want my family back," Louise shook, "I just wanna go home.."

She wiped tears from her face, thinking of everything she could have done to avoid this. She regretted everything.

"I miss you," Louise sniffled.

She sat there solemnly.

"..."

"Louise?"

"Tina!?" Louise jumped back up, in tears, "sis is that you!?"

"We came back. I'm hoping you know we're here."

"Yeah!" Louise choked through tears, "I hear you!"

"We hope you wake up soon. We all miss you."

"I'm gonna!" Louise reassured, "I'm gonna get back to you! I'm coming back I promise!"

Louise bolted through the darkness, feeling everything light up around her.

"Louise!?"

"I'm coming Tina I'm coming!" Louise cried with joy.

There was a bright light.

Louise opened her eyes. For real. She opened her eyes for real!

Her body ached but it was canceled out by her pure joy and relief to finally be back.

As she predicted; she was laying in a hospital bed. Her family surrounded her, their expressions all surprised.

"Louise!" Tina sobbed, "you woke up!"

"My baby's back!" Linda cried, "she's really back!"

"Oh my god Louise.." Bob uttered through tears, gripping Louise's hand, "I.."

"Don't you DARE leave us like that ever again!" Gene exclaimed, "I missed you so damn much!"

"I missed you too.." Louise replied, realizing how much it hurt her chest to talk in the real world. The part about the broken bones must have been real.

Tina hugged her, crying tears of joy.

"I made it."