Chapter 6

POV: Louise

"How much longer?"

"We're not sure."

"Well what are we supposed to tell the Belchers? You've seen how they are right now."

"I don't know."

"They've been asking y'know. They were here yesterday."

"Yes I know, Dr. Coleman."

"Well what should I tell them?"

"Tell them the truth."

Louise woke up, slightly dazed. She felt like she had heard something in her sleep. But she couldn't remember. She was still on the couch, curled up in her parents blanket. Louise noticed that the blanket didn't have her parents familiar sent. It smelled like it was covered in hand sanitizer. In fact, everything kinda did. Weird. Her family definitely wasn't dirty but they also weren't germophobes who constantly had to disinfect and clean everything. Louise glanced out the window. It was dark out now. Kopi was still curled up beside her, asleep. He purred in his sleep.

Still tired, Louise got up and grabbed Kuchi-kopi. She walked to the light switch and switched it off. She then turned on the Kuchi-kopi nightlight filling the room with a dim green light. She began to walk back to the couch when she paused.

Wait. If it's night now.. did the time change?

Louise bolted to her room nearly tripping on her own feet.

'4:30 pm'

Still the same time.

"How is that possible!?" Louise yelled in frustration, "it is CLEARLY not four thirty in the afternoon! It's the middle of the night!"

Kopi nudged Louise's shoulder.

Louise sighed in defeat.

"Well at least I have you," Louise rubbed Kopi's head, "I wonder there's more of you."

Kopi tugged on Louise's dress, trying to bring her back to the living room. He knew she needed rest.

"Fine," Louise groaned, "but I think I can sleep in my own bed."

Louise got into bed. Kopi stayed with her, curling up on the floor at the foot of her bed.

Please let this be a dream.

Louise fell asleep.

"Are they coming in today?"

"Yep. Why wouldn't they? After what happened.. I didn't see it myself but just imagining it..." The voice trailed off.

"I know. It's awful. The poor girl."

"I can't even imagine how the family feels. If it were my daughter I..." They trailed off again.

There was a sigh of discomfort.

"I'll feel awful if it gets worse."

"Mhm."

The dark void of Louise's resting mind fell silent as the voices went quiet.

//Ooo spooky dream voices and foreshadowing :0 Hope you enjoyed!//