Chapter 2

~Ashley~

I'm in my office putting in together some last minute reports for Mr.Irwin to have a look at. For now our most top priority report is a crime that was commuted just a couple days ago.

Nobody seems to recognize the two arouros, nobody has even gone out to claim them. What's even more odd is the fact the Micha was the one in charge other case.

Just yesterday Mr.Irwin too the case into his own hands. I'm sure if nobody has seem to get anywhere with this case, not even Micha, then sure as hell nobody is fit to take this case.

The only thing we've gotten is that the 'business', was actually some sort of artifact that was being transported but ended up being lose. Worst of all, none of these auror were off duty and because everyone lost this artifact it cost them their lives.

Nobody has really gotten anything, all we keep coming up with are just theories but no real answers, no tips, no real lead.

I like my job but one thing I hate about it is having to wait around in situations like this. Always having to wait on the persons next move.

Just like I'm having to wait around to know where Liam will show up next.

I still don't know ho the hell he was able to get out of that prison. I'm sure he's laughing at all of us right now, for not being able to figure out by now where he could possibly be hiding. Making us all look like fools.

I walk out of my office and bump into Micha, "hey... I heard about Mr.Irwin taking the case off your hands.

Micha sighs annoyingly. "Yeah now he gave your case."

"What!." I said in disbelief. How could Mr.Irwin take away from me a case that has to do with Liam.

Micha cross both his arms and looks over his shoulder to see if anyone is around. Once the coast is clear he looks at me. "He doesn't think that as Liam's sister, you should be taking the case."

I put my hands to rest on each side of my hips. "What is he insinuating?!."

Micha puts his finger over his lips telling me to shut up as he shoves me back inside my office. He closes the door behind him, "I don't know...I just think that maybe he doesn't want you anymore to do with this. Your already risking yourself by showing up to work even after his escape."

I sigh. "I guess your right and maybe Mr.Irwin's intentions aren't bad but..."

Micha puts his hands on both sides of my shoulders. "But you should probably thank him on your way in." He says as we both walk out of my office.

"I'll think about it on my way there." I start to walk down the hall but Micha stops me halfway.

"Matteo is asking for you." Micha lifts his eyebrows at me questioning why I haven't gone. "Is something wrong between you two?."

"No..I just haven't had time." I lift up the folder to show him what I've been doing with my time.

"Okay well I'm heading over there, is there an message you want to give him?." Micha didn't sound like he is happy to play the messenger role. I know he's going out of his way for doing this but he also doesn't get along very well with Matteo.

"Just tell him what's been going on and that's the reason why I haven't been able to go." I smile.

"Okay anything else?." He groans out.

I break into a wide smile. "Tell him I love him and too take care."

"There is no way I'm telling him that last part." Micha starts walk down the hallway in no mood anymore.