Chapter 5

~Ashley~

There's heavy breathing, there's other people in a vehicle with me. I try to stay clam and just try to imagine my surroundings but with people panicking over sudden movement is nearly impossible. I remember the last moments before I even got here.

Liam was in a room with me? or was that just my imagination, or was it real?. What happened?. Where am I?.

I know he's escaped but why would he show up at my workplace, risking getting caught. Where is my uncle Rosier and why was Liam pretending to be him. So many questions swirls inside my head making everything more confusing than ever. I was set up.

The vehicle comes to a sharp stop and I fall forward and others tumble over each other. We all stay quiet and only then I'am able to hear my heart pounding. I hear doors open and people are being pulled out. I'm dragged out by my legs and pushed to the ground. I fall onto a pile of mud. I feel the dirt in my finger nails and my clothes are wet and dirty by now.

A strong grip holds me up by my arm and drags me somewhere. Each step I take I hear leaves being crushed by my footsteps. Twigs go through my hair. The temperature is very different than what I'm used to.

"Come on pick up the pace!." A harsh voice that belongs to a man yells at us. Making some ladies whimper.

I trip on something, I believe it to be a tree trunk. "Get up!."

"My hands are tied you idiot!." I snap at the man.

A chunk of my hair is pulled and now I'm being dangled mid-air. "Keep walking." he growls at me and puts me back down.

A couple drops off water fall on my head. I raise up my head and feel another droplet roll down my face. It's not long enough when I feel like I'm walking on an evenly plain field. "Stop!."

I freeze and I'm pushed onto my knees. This now felt more like we are ready to be executed. My blindfold is taken off me, I squint my eyes. It's not too bright outside but my eyes can't seem to focus properly.

All of the sudden a man starts to take off and the group of men start laughing. "look at him go!." one says.

"Guys we got a runner!." Another chuckles out.

What happened next isn't something I can't explain as I didn't even see it coming. A light strikes to him and he falls to the ground. Between the trees I see two men holding on to blindfolded  boy. I felt my stomach twist, poor boy. The boy is pushes hard onto the ground next to me and his blindfold is taken away. At that moment I felt like throwing up. The boy is my brother August.

August breath quickens. "August.. August." he was so bothered. "AUGUST!." I snap at him.

He finally turns to look at me. "what are you doing here."

I shake my head. "relax, we'll get out of this."

A man walks in front of us. "Let's play a little game." he looks at each of us. "Cops and robbers?."

I furrowed my eyebrows unsure where this is going.

"The last 3 standing will be rewarded." The man places his hand on his hip. "but theres a twist, the rest of you who are caught will be killed."