Chapter 12

Authors Note: My apologize for not writing in so so long. A lot of things have kept me occupied. Though I wish I could get some time to keep on writing, I know it won't always be possible. So bare with me. I hope you all are doing well.

~Lorenzo~

For the past two weeks Ashley hasn't came out of her office. Every time I find myself standing at the doorway in hopes she opens the door for me. All she says is to leave her alone and that she doesn't want any distractions.

We've all been working hard to find possible places of where that mirror can be. Every now and then we keep her updated on our findings. Nobody knows really what she's locked herself up in that office. Nor have I brought this to Liam's attention because he'll think the worse.

There's been nights that I think of knocking that door down. But what if nothing is wrong and she's really just trying to keep focus. I wouldn't want her getting mad at me. I place the tray of food on the ground and knock on the door, "Ash...I brought you food."

For a couple seconds I hear her moving and I see her shadow from underneath the doorway. "thanks." she says bluntly and the shadow moves away from the door.

I sigh at the fact that my expectation of seeing her are knocked over. I knock on the door again a bit harder this time. I wasn't going to let her go this easy. I haven't seen her in weeks and I don't know if she's fine. "can you just come out to the hallway and talk please. I promise it won't take a lot of time."

"Lorenzo we've talked about this."

I run my hand through my hair a bit desperate. "Ash I just want to see that your okay."

"I'm fine." she say. I notice a bit of an anger to her tone.

For now I would have to be content with that. "Fine. I love you."

"me too." I feel hurt because she didn't say it that way I thought she would.

"Lorenzo! come on we got practice in 5." Stiles says from above the stairway.

I walk away from the door and follow him. "I need to go do something first."

He nods. "don't take too long."

I walk up to my room and open the cage of my owl. I quickly grab a parchment quill and a pen. Liam is most likely going to get pissed about this. But he's the only one who can advise me on what to do.

Something is off with her, she hasn't walked out of that office for the past two weeks and I don't even know what she's doing in..." I ball up the parchment quill and throw it out.

So what do I do now?. I find myself with my hands tied behind my back. I don't want to run straight to Liam for help. As I will look like I can't do anything for myself and for her. I can't just budge in, as she hasn't allowed anyone inside the office.

I grab my owl and place it back inside the cage. "Sorry bud." I close the cage and change out from my normal clothes to my work out clothes.

I'm not sure why the more I think of this, the more a voice in the back of my head just tells me to barge in and face whatever happens. That's the only option I have.

But the option will have to be pushed for tomorrow. As of tonight there's a full moon, and my transformation takes over tonight. I will have to isolate myself from everyone by going under deck.

I knew going on this journey would be complicated for me. Liam knows perfectly that I don't have much control of it yet, so he made sure the elite team took precautions.