Chapter 2

Ah~

This year's Grom Night will be unforgettable for some.

The perils~
The fears~
The handholding~
The dancing -OH! The wonderful dancing she had with her as they gracefully interweaved their magic with their choreography to defeat the monster that is Grometheus the Fear Bringer (more commonly known as Grom).

It truly was magical in more ways than one.

Thankfully, she didn't need to worry about her own fears coming true as the one she wanted to ask out was the one who invited her instead. No rejections, no name reveals, no awkward letters. Nada.

Amity Blight once thought that as long as the only conundrum she's dealing with is the one and only Luz Noceda the human, the rest of her life isn't going to derail into mystery and unpredictability.

That was until she opened the door to her bedroom only to be greeted by the sight of a red cloak with black legs lying down on her floor... And a four-legged creature just sitting beside it, guarding the body.

"Huh..." Was all Amity greeted the situation with as she shut the door behind her and stared at the two creatures.

She was sure that her older siblings Ed and Em were out for the entire day, so they couldn't have left this for a prank.

Her parents were downstairs in the basement, busying themselves with potential projects for Blight Industries.

Intruder? Maybe. But how did it bypass all the Abominations around the house? And why does it look like it's sleeping or something?

Amity takes a step closer to get a good look at what she now recognizes is a dog. The dog suddenly stands on all its legs and...

GRRRRRRR......

Growls at her. Amity reflexively puts her hands up as a show of good intention.

"I'm not here to hurt you or your friend," Amity reassures calmly as she stares at it's eyes. Kneeling down, Amity puts down one of her hands on the floor and bows her head, now avoiding eye contact. As the dog slowly makes its way to Amity's hand and sniffs it, the dog wags its tail and licks her hand. Amity has proven herself as an ally, not that it was hard to persuade the dog in the first place.

"That actually kind of tickles," Amity giggles as she starts scratching the dog's chin with one hand and rubbing the dog's back with the other.

This dog is really hairy and fluffy.

Amity shifts her sight to the lying mass of red cloth and black legs, "I think I should help your friend."

The dog seems to agree as it starts backing away from Amity and pulls on the red hood, revealing a person's head underneath.

"Oh... Okay then."

Amity starts carrying the body.

THUD!
...

WHUMP!

...
CREAK~

Well, trying to carry the body. Amity only ends up haphazardly dragging it near her bed, "dear Titan! You're heavy."

Amity lets go and considers what she can use.

A few knocks on her door followed by some inhuman groaning broke her concentration.

Oh, that's right, I asked an abomination to bring me some water.

That's when an idea came to her.