Chapter 5

"Journal entry number one. My name is Blake Belladonna, third member of team RUBY (RWBY)."

"It's been more than three hours since I was unintentionally teleported from Beacon Academy to an unknown location through a machine delivered from Atlas. I don't know how that is possible, what the machine was originally for, or if there even is a way back... But I am holding those questions for a later time."

"My most pressing matter right now is that I seem to be on a snowy mountaintop, possibly a taiga, but the wildlife is... Unrecognizable. Throughout my time as a student at Beacon and as a former White Fang member, no map or mission showed me this place, as even I have difficulty differentiating the edible from the poisonous when I first foraged a while ago. No extra clothes, no food or water, no bags, only my weapon and this Scroll. My semblance is working just fine."

Blake stands up to distance herself from her Scroll recording her, and proceeds to leap back and leave a clone of herself using her Semblance. After five seconds of letting the clone stare at the recorder, she forcibly waved it away.

She pulls out her weapon, Gambol Shroud, and unsheathes the katana as it transforms into the pistol form and fires at a nearby branch, which works as expected and snaps it off from the tree.

"Dust still works in this place as well."

She moves closer to the recording.

"But communications are next to impossible as I couldn't even send a text to my teammates..."

Blake takes a deep breath before continuing, "which brings me to my next concern, I still haven't figured out how to get down from here or if potential help will arrive, but I will see what else I come across as I explore tomorrow. As I was foraging a while ago, I noticed that this landscape is unique. I can make out a gigantic horned skull in the distance and what I assume is the island's 'ribcage' so I might be stranded on a titanic corpse, possibly from a different world entirely."

"The ruins on the mountain imply that there was a civilization here... I don't know if there are still people, but if there are, my guess is that they live on the 'abdomen' of the island. If there aren't... Well, I guess I'll be keeping myself busy getting used to everything. That will be all for today. I will use the remaining time for temporary shelter and fire before the sun finally sets as I have some materials that I could improvise to protect me from the freezing snow. Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Yang Xiao Long, and even Zwei, I hope to see you sooner than this recording or even the next recordings."

BEEP!

-----

"She smacked me just like you did the first time. But from the back side!"
"That's great, Hooty..."

"She called me a Beowolf, Luz. Does that mean-!"
"Just wait."

"Luz, are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks, Amity. I just need to process this."

"Alright, alright kid, lemme get this straight..." Eda starts.
"Okay, calming down, calming down," Luz recites to herself.
"She's a human."
"Uh huh."
"But she's not from where you live?"
"Yes."
"What else do we know?"
"She mentioned that she's a huntress-in-training, I just didn't think it was an actual thing."

"She also said she has a weapon, a power called a semblance, and a team," Amity adds.
"A semblance and a team... Do you think she fights actual monsters?" Luz asks
"She did call King a Beowolf and gave him a description, so I'd say yes," Eda shrugs.
"This is so awkward, we have another human in the house, but she's from somewhere else entirely and didn't come in the same way I did... How do we deal with this?"