Ch2

Carter rushed downstairs, he nearly tripped on the last two steps. He yoinked one of the blue bottles and ran back upstairs. He could faintly hear the floor upstairs slightly creak. He made it upstairs and the husky-sized mouse ran past him, Carter nearly fell over at the sight.

Tolveck was sitting down, still growing, grasping his hair franticly. Carter heard him groaning in pain. He slowly walked to him and handed Tolveck the bottle.

"Hey, drink this, only a couple of sips though." Carter was pushed away by a massive hand. He just stood there stunned, it shouldn't be working that quickly. Tolveck took the bottle from Carter and downed half the container. He handed the rest over to Carter. The massive growing mouse ran past them causing Tolveck to jolt back. He stood at his towering height, his belly hanging over. Carter nearly fell over, he was bloody massive.

Carter watched as the giant doubled over in pain. Carter would have to do something. He had a family farm that Hadd a massive barn but would Tolveck fit, in there or even in the car? Only one way to find out. Carter ran downstairs to grab the bottles and equipment.

Tolveck was trying to hold in a scream of pain, he whimpered silently in the kitchen. He felt his leg start to brush up against the kitchen counter. This scared him. His weight was slowly evening out but he was still getting taller. He had long, spindly legs with long branch-like arms. He was around 10 feet tall, not monstrous but certainly not normal.

He watched the mouse, it had stopped growing but it was getting fatter. Its belly engulfing its body. Poor thing, it didn't deserve this. Tolveck poured a little of the blue liquid on the floor for it to even out the effects. It gulped it down and began growing as well as gaining. Tolveck tilted his head at it, what if he had more of it? He looked down at the shrinking bottle in his hands. Maybe later. The pain was still there, just a bit more tolerable.

Carter appeared in front of him. He held more of the liquids in bottles and carried a couple of coolers of these to his car. He came back inside and put a collar around the slow, massive mouse. He looked up at Tolveck, he saw a little fear in Carters eyes.

"Come try to get in the car, we're going to a place I know." He told him. Tolveck nodded. He slowly made his way outside and tried to scrunch up in the small car. His height was restricted so his weight gained a lot more. Carter looked at him worried. The mouse was in the passenger seat just chilling. Carter stepped on the pedal to get to the farm house as quickly as possible, Tolveck's weight sneaking up behind him. Tolveck quietly whimpered in pain.

"Do you have anything to reverse the effects?" Tolveck dared to ask.

"Only for the nutrition one, the height is permanent so far." Carter kept his eyes on the road, Tolveck's belly brushed against his arm. They were running out of time.

They sped their way to the warehouse and nearly got pulled over. Luckily the cop just passed them. Tolveck was currently squashed in the shrinking car. Carter pulled into the parkway and got out. his place was almost immediately replaced by Tolvecks ever-growing fat.

Carter quickly opened all the doors, he watched as Tolveck struggled to get out. Carter ran up and tried to push him out the other side. After about ten minutes, Tolveck slid out. Carter hadn't noticed but, because he opened the doors Tolveck was getting taller, as well as skinnier. Tolveck laid on the ground, curled up in a ball trying to forget the pain. Carter watched the ever growing ball whimper.

"T-Tolveck..."

"Ye-yeah?" Tolvecks voice was quiet, trying to hid the pain.

"Let's get you inside." Carter carefully stepped over to him. Tolveck shifted his body to look at him. Carter froze, Tolveck was massive.

"You okay there?" Tolveck asked with concern, all Carter could do was stand there. Tolveck gently waved in his face to try to snap him out of what ever it was but as soon as his hand came close, Carter leaped back. He, he was scared of him.

Hurt, Tolveck got up. He was standing around 15 feet tall, about 5 meters, and still slowly growing. Carter backed away as Tolveck headed into the large barn beside the house. He had to lean down and twist sideways to enter through the tractor door. He made his way to the far end of the building and sat there.

Carter poked his head through the door. His friend was hurting, he knew it, but that just made him more scared. He could lash out, hurt Carter, he was unpredictable. Carter went back over to the car and unpacked some stuff from the trunk. A tent, electric heater, fan and a cooler of foods and drinks. He cautiously brought each one in and set them up inside. Carter had a stone of guilt filling his stomach as he watched Tolveck try to get comfortable. Carter had brought blankets, but he doubted they would do any cushioning under Tolveck's ever growing weight.

Tolveck rested his hands on his knees. He stared at the floor, little light getting in through the gap in his legs. What has he done? He messed up, big time. He'll be stuck as a giant forever, he'll cause destruction, he'll probably be feared by friends, by Carter, forever. Tears stung his eyes at the thought. He was breaking down, he knew it, but he couldn't stop it.

"T-Tolveck?" Carters voice sounded tiny, weak, scared. "I, I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't." Tolveck's Russian accent peeked out as well as some tears. Tolveck wiped his eyes quickly and glanced down at Carter. He had some distance between them, still scared, still feared.

"I, I know it's hard," Carter forced himself to take a step forward, "I put myself in front of what I should have done, totallyshould have explained more. You need me as much as I need you... and I'm sorry, so sorry that I did." Carter took another couple steps forward but then his body stepped back.

"Carter, you are forgiven."

"No, I-"

"Carter, deep breaths." Tolveck unraveled himself from his position and sat up. Carter tried taking deep breaths but started hyperventilating. "Carter, Carter focus." Carter sat down, "Carter, focus on my voice. Yeah yes like that, focus on breathing now." Tolvecks accsent was for sure present in his voice. Cater looked up at him, worry, fear, darkness... "Carter, calm your self. It's not your fault I'm like this, its mine." Tolveck sat next to him. Carter was beginning to breathe normally, he scooted away a bit from him. Tolveck understood.

The two sat there. Silence strumming the air, calming the situation. Night creeping up the walls, colouring the barn. Cold threatened to kill the symphony playing inside.

"Tolveck?"

"Yes?"

"Are, are you ok if I sleep with you?" Carter looked up at the much taller Tolveck. Tolveck was taken back by this question.

"S-sure, yeah."

The two slept that night, Carter was still a bit scared of Tolveck, and Tolveck glad that Carter got his far. Carter fell asleep quickly, Tolveck had trouble falling asleep. The pain kept him tossing and turning, it was bareable but only a bit. He decided to scoot Carter away, Tolveck didn't want to crush him while he was sleeping.

So, sorry for the long time gap but, you got a new chapter! Enjoy!

-Mojo

     Word count: 1287