Ch3

Carter awoke. His back ached from sleeping on the hard floor. He opened his blurry eyes, he saw his glasses laying next to him on the floor. He groggily picked them up and adjusted them onto his face. His vision cleared, he realised he was still in the barn. The memorys from yesterday flooding back to him.

Carter slowly turned around, scared of his friend would have become. He inched away from the massive body that laid next to him. He felt Tolvecks warm breath on his face. Carter crawled over to where Tolvecks face was. Carter froze when Tolveck shifted a bit. Tolveck's size alone was enough to scare the be-jeuses out of Carter.

Tolveck was around 30 feet tall at the moment. Massive compared to his 6ft 3 before this whole thing started. Carter got up,a bit light headed, and made his way over to his cooler. Carter picked up a box of cereal and began pouring it into A plastic bowl he had brought. He ate in silence, comprehending what has happened over the past 24 hours.

Tolveck shifted, Carter broke out of his mind and looked over at him. Tolveck was waking up. This scared the crap out of Carter. Tolveck groaned, loudly, his eyes fluttered open. Tolveck didn't register Carters tiny body through his groggy eyes. He sat up and fluffed his hair.

Carter set his bowl down on the floor, his spoon dropped out of his hand and clambered on the floor. Tolvecks head whipped towards the noise, Carter cowered under the massive gaze.

"G-good morning..." Carter croaked. Tolveck stared wide eyed. Carter began backing away slightly. Tolveck noticed what was happening and tried not to move. He thought about what he was going to do about food, he was massive. Tolvecks stomach grumbled at the thought of food, he was starving.

"Got anything to eat?" Tolveck asked quietly. Carter had completely forgot about food! There was two options that he knew of at the moment, one of these he really didnt like. Either find a way to get enough food to feed him or, use more of the serum, only the nutrient one tho.

Tolveck saw the gears turn in Carters head. He felt bad, he felt like a massive thorn in Carters side. He looked down at himself, he felt... ok with his body, almost felt better then before, strange. He didn't feel any pain which was good, and he didn't appear to be growing which was ok. He had a bit of a stomach and he didn't like it. He remembered the third serum, it could get rid of the extra nutrients, he hated the word 'fat'.

"Tolveck!" Carter yelled up to him. Tolveck looked down at his friend apologetically. Carter's mind stumbled from the sudden attention. "H-hand..." Carter pointed in front of him. Tolveck obliged. Carter poured the whole box of cereal into his hand, they felt like sand to Tolveck. Tolveck watched Carter, he had a worried look on his face. He finished and stepped back from the hand. Tolveck dumped it in his mouth. As expected, it felt like sand in his mouth.

"Was that enough?" Carter looked up with a sparkle of hope. Tolveck slightly shook his head. That sparkle of hope turned into worry. Tolveck's heart sank at the sight, what was plan B?

Carter disappeared, leaving Tolveck alone with his thoughts. He felt lonely, the lonely giant. He chuckled to himself at that. It wasn't all so lonely. He tried to focus on the good things.

Carter eventually came back with a test tube. Tolveck shifted uncomfortably, what was in it? He didn't want to find out. Carter sat down on the hard concrete floor. He glared at the test tube, Carter looked up at Tolveck. His blue grey eyes meeting Tolvecks dark brown. Tears nipped at Carters eyes, sobs choked his throat. Tolveck felt the need to comfort him but he knew he would either scare him more or cause more damage on his broken soul.

Carter stared into the swirling contents of the tube. He felt a tear make it's way down his cheek. He wanted comfort but he was too scared to ask. He knew Tolveck would help but, in this position, maybe. He was even more terrifying than before, he had turned his best friend into a giant, it was his fault for making the serum in the first place! He should be locked up, killed even, for what he's done. His thoughts stoped when he felt a warm finger pat his head. He glanced at Tolveck, a calming smile shining down on him, he set the serum down and hugged the finger. He felt it move back in surprise, Tolveck never imagined Carter to willingly hug him. The two sat there for a while.

"Hey Carter, wheres Gibson?" Tolveck half whispered.

"Who?"

"The mouse, Gibson."

"Oh, in the- Oh sh*t! I left him in the car with everything!" Carter shot up and ran out the door. He flung the car door open and there it was. It had popped the seal of a test tube and had began licking the contents of it. Carter quickly yoinked the great Dane sized mouse out of the car and rushed it into the warehouse, just in time for the serum to take effect.

The mouse ran over to other test tube and ate the whole thing, glass and all. It laid down as is stomach grew with rapid speed. It couldn't move at all, the mouse squeaked as its body rounded out, fat spreading all around its body.

Carter watched as it puddles on the floor. The second serum it drank took affect, causing the mouses already fast growing speed to the max. Quickly filling multiple tiles on the floor within seconds. Carter rushed over to the cooler and took out the stem cell serum and poured a little onto a dish. The mouse was already about the size of Tolveck's midsection. Carter had the mouse gulp down the dish and stood back. The mouse squeaked in delight of the newfound feelings and tried to roll over.

Gibson started growing upwards but at an incredible pace. Tolveck held it down with his hands to try to get it to pancake again, it worked, the fat began to spread out. Carter felt uncomfortable in this situation, Tolveck could tell. He placed a hand next to him, Carter looked up at Tolveck, he gave him a trusting nod. Carter cautiously climbed on and they watched the mouse together, oddly, and for science.

Word count: 1105