Ch 5

Tolveck's butt hurt from sitting all day. He wanted to stand, run around, but alas, he was stuck as a monster. He watched as the two normal sized people hid under the tents. Carter would sometimes point at him or sit by him for company. Haley was still here, she sat with the mouse in her lap. More like she was on the rats lap.

    Yesterday's events were rough. They gave the third serum to the rat to help it move better. Tolveck was starving so they did the plan B. Tolveck took more of the nutrients serum. He explained to Carter why he wanted the blue serum as-well and Carter under stood, his fear was the only thing in the way. 

    Eventually Carter had given in. Before the second dose, Carter was around his arms length, now, he was shorter then his biceps. It kinda scared both of them. Tolveck made the estimation that he was around 27-32 feet tall, pretty god-damn tall.

    Haley scooted forward, the mouse leaped off her lap and into the cage. She looked up at Tolveck, she could tell that he was thinking. Haley watched his eyes dart across the walls, figuring out an equation or something. She kinda found it cute. Her dreams were cut short by Tolveck glancing down at her.

    "Hey, Tolveck..."

    "Sup,"

    "I- I was wondering if, um, maybe I could.... How do I say this... get a new perspective on things...?" Haley shifted uncomfortably at herself asking the question. Tolveck slightly nodded showing he understood the question, that she wanted up. He placed his hand next to her, it took awhile for Haley to comfortably get on the hand. She was gently lifted up to his shoulder. It felt bizarre to her, she began looking from a science point of view, how was he moving this fast at this height?

    Haley transferred from the hand over to the shoulder, she thought about gabbing his ear for support, but instead hugged his neck, or what she could of his neck. She slowly got her balance and sat with a little fear that Tolveck might drop her.

    Carter sat right outside the tent, fear shimmied up his spine watching Tolveck hold Haley. He knew she was fine, he even allowed Tolveck to hold him on permission, but just watching it gave him the chills. He looked up at Tolveck, he was smiling, happy that she wasn't as afraid of him then he thought, this made Carter smile as-well. He returned into the tent and grabbed the last slice of the first box of Hawaiian pizza. He looked over at the rat, he plucked off a piece of pineapple and gave it to it, it took it politely and nibbled on the piece.

    Tolveck felt like he was on top of the world, so did Haley. This new rush of adrenaline from this height made it all the more awesome. She looked down, fear didn't strike her like she thought it would. Tolveck felt... complicated. He felt amazing but... he slightly shook his head, Haley took notice of this, she lightly tugged on his ear. He brought a hand up to her and she hopped on. He held her up to his face.

    "You ok?" She asked, she felt his hands, didn't waver. Tolveck scrunched his nose.

    "I'm fine, just... thoughts." Tolveck looked down at her, she was so small, so cute. 'Must protec.' He smiled at the thought. He set her on the floor and she looked up at him one last time, he gave her a reassuring smile. She nodded back.

    Carter noticed Haley coming his way.

    "Have to go so soon?" Carter said jokingly.

    "I've been here for like, 8 hours. My roommates are probably wondering where I am." She picked up the empty pizza boxes.

    "What us to pick you up?" Carter asked half joking. Haley looked over at him with a puzzled look. "Aw, never mind. Have a good night!"

    "You guys as-well!" She called back to them. She hopped in her car and drove home.

    "You still hungry? We got more pizza!" Carter grabbed one of the two other boxes of Hawaiian. Tolveck ate it in one bite. He always thought it was disgusting, pineapple on pizza, but it was actually pretty good. Tolveck's hunger was only slightly there. It was enough to satisfy him.

    "Hey Tolveck, I had this little idea..." Carter started. He pressed a button on a little remote and the two heard a garage door opening. Carter smiled as Tolveck looked behind him. A massive tractor door had opened, it looked large enough for him to fit through. It was nearly pitch black outside, perfect. Carter ran outside through the garage door and waved for Tolveck to come out. 

    Tolveck carefully crawled out, he was scared to leave, but it was late so no one was out. He looked down at Carter, he was already in awe at how tall he had become just by crawling but he nodded, agreeing to trying to stand. He felt Carter would just run away in fear at the size of him. He forced himself to slowly stand, he stood tall and stretched, it felt amazing to finally move. He squatted down and looked at Carter, he had backed away quite a bit and he didn't seem to have a scared look, just one of amazement. He smiled at his little friend.

    He set his hand down, and Carter hesitantly climbed on. Tolveck raised him to his face and pet his fluffy hair. Carter just sat there, in shock at his height and the fact that he was being pet right now by a giant. Just a normal Wednesday!

    "Where too?" Tolveck asked. Carter broke out of his trance.

    "Haley's house? Or we could do some midnight exploring." Carter replied. He had grown quite comfortable around his large friend. Tolveck nodded.

    "To Haley's house it is!"

    Tolveck protectively cupped his hands around Carter and took off, not running or else it would have caused tremors in the ground. He felt Carter wriggle through a finger and look out over the landscape. His fear of heights disappeared at the sight. He looked down, surprised at the massive distance being covered in a couple steps. Carter looked up at Tolveck, he was concentrating on not getting noticed.

    He's was my big friendly giant.

   And with that Carter snuggled into the warm, rhythmic hand of his friend. 

    Word count: 1086