Chapter 4

Haley awoke, she sat up in her apartment and slowly got up. She took a shower and got dressed for the day. She finally began thinking, what is Tolveck up too? Haley was his lab partner an she hasn't seen him in a couple days, is he doing alright? She pulled out her phone from her cute skinny jeans and checked her messages.

    18 new messages 

    Haley unlocked it and opened the app; They all were from Carter. Odd. She began reading them. 'Bring over a bunch of pizzas', 'Can u buy some rat food?thx', 'HELP, GO TO THIS ADDRESS'. What was going on?

    Haley waved goodbye to her roommates and hopped into her Ford pickup. She first drove to a pet store and bought some rat food for whatever reason Carter needed it, she also ordered pizza that she could pick up later. After the pet shop she drove over to the pizza place to pick up the 18 pizzas she had ordered, three were Hawaiian with extra pineapple, just how Carter likes 'um. The pizza guy gave her an odd look as she was leaving.

    She spent over half an hour finding the address he had sent her. She pulled into the driveway and parked next to Carters run down Chevy. She got out and looked at the towering buildings above her, a barn and a not so big house. She got her self together and took five pizzas in her hands, she carefully knocked on the door of the house. Carter called behind her, from the barn.

    "Oooohhh, hey Haley. I see you, um, got my messages..." Carter said nervously, he stepped outside and closed the door behind him.

    "18 pizzas, three Hawaiian, 8 cheese, The rest whatever." She replied, looking over the boxes. "All large... is Tolveck here?"

    "Yea-" Carter was cut off by a loud bang inside. "Um, one moment..." he rushed inside and closed the door behind him. Haley set the pizzas down and placed her ear on the door.

    "No, think Tolveck!"

    "But It's Haley! We can trust her!"

    "No, means no... no, don't think your changing my mind."

    "Please, one peak?" She heard Tolveck say loudly. He doesn't normally yell, and when he does his accent normally shows. Haley stumbled back as Carter opened the door slightly.

    "Haley, listen... I'm going to show you something that I really hope I don't regret later... " He opened the door wider. "Come on in."

    Haley didn't say anything, she slowly entered the building. Her nerves were going insane. She walked towards a research tent. The first thing she notices was a large dog thing in a cage running around. She looked slightly more left and stopped in her tracks... a massive shoe laid on its side, connected to a leg, which connected to a torso... the hell was happening!

    Out of pure curiosity, her body moved towards the giant, once she fully left the safety of the tent she realised, this giant... was Tolveck. She stepped back from the pure overwhelming-feeling that was washing over her. She turned over to Carter, he walked in holding a bunch of the pizzas.

    "That's the reason for the pizzas." He told her as he walked past, he opened a box and took out a slice of Hawaiian. She watched a a ginormous hand laid flat on the ground while Carter placed a whole pizza on it. She laid down on the floor of the building.

    "Y-you ok Haley?" Tolveck whispered. Haley replied by scooting herself across the dirty floor on her back until she could see Tolveck's massive face. She gulped.

    "Y-yeah..." She replied unsure. Carter came over and laid next to her. He plopped a slice of pizza onto her chest. He resumed eating his.

    "A lot isn't it... it gets better as you hang around." Carter whispered over to her. Tolveck couldn't hear what they were saying. 

    The three ate pizza for the rest of the day, Tolveck nearly starving and Haley with a burnt hole in her pocket that smelt of pizza. Carter simply enjoyed the pizza. As the day went on, the closest Haley ever got to Tolveck was about 4 feet away, she felt nauseous around him, hopefully it'll pass. Either way, the day was coming to an end so Haley had to leave. Carter filled the rats tank with plenty of food and slept in a beanbag. He seemed to have forgotten the other keys to the house...

    Y'ello peeps, hope you enjoyed chapter. Please vote or share is you enjoy and check out my other books if you have the time... Adios!

- Mojo    

    Word count: 779