chapter 1

The weather was getting colder, the sun setting as early as six in the evening. The whistling of the wind soared through the building, sounding as if it were strong enough to damage the structure like a tornado. Leaves were being blown and scattered down the semi busy street, tree branches scraping against the windows as people fought with themselves to keep their hats on.

During the month of October was one of the most windiest months, receiving more storms than usual. Chenle liked to believe it was because it was the month of Halloween so the spirits were unleashed, causally grazing through the city and frightening children. 

The twenty year old blonde enjoyed this time of the year as it was almost comforting to him. However, he did not like the noise of the winds or rains in the dark at night. He was afraid of the dark. Yes, he is a twenty year old college male terrified of the dark.

He has his reasons...

However, in the daytime he tended to have a great relish for it. Especially when the next day arrives and it is not as windy, Chenle loves going outside to make leaf piles and jumping in them. 

He would often drag his best friend Jisung to play with him too. Even though the tall nineteen year old brown haired male thought it was childish, he would never deny his best friend. Once outside, Chenle would complain about being cold and Jisung would constantly remind the older that it was his idea in the first place and then of course, give him his jacket.

He truly still is a kid at heart.

Surely because he had missed out on a huge part of his childhood...

Another thing Chenle was scared of was being alone. And what he was even more fearful of was both, being alone in the dark.

The older would either be with Jisung or he would hang around his roommate, Donghyuck. Donghyuck was twenty one years old with bluish purple hair, like a grape. 

- 🌈-

In late August (a couple months prior to October), the beginning of Chenle's freshman year in college, he had went to the office to receive his schedule and his room key with Jisung. Jisung was upset to know that Chenle would not be his roommate, but instead their rooms were across from each other. He would have stormed back into the office and yelled at the office lady to demand a dorm swap if it weren't for Chenle pulling him away and assuring him that it would be fine.

Jisung often gets angry quickly and Chenle would usually be there to pull him away from any heated situation he might have caused. The older was worried about not being with the younger because of this. But when the two walked into Jisung's room, the younger seemed to be in good hands.

"Hey, I'm Jeno! I'll be your dorm mate for the year," the black haired greeted with a smile, his eyes turning to crescents. 

"Jisung." The younger huffed with his arms crossed, the older keeping his smile.

"I'm Chenle! Me and Jisung are best friends. Please take care of him well!" Chenle spoke politely, bowing in respect to his older who nodded his head.

"Where is your room?" Jeno asked Chenle. "I can help you find it if you need it."

"None of your business," Jisung butted in, protectively standing in front of Chenle who pouted at the younger's attitude.

However, Jeno sensed what was happening and only chuckled lightly. 

"Sorry, my room right across from yours." Chenle informed the older whose eyes lit up in realization.

"That's one of my best friend's room! You're going to love him I swear he's sweet. But I will tell you, this guy has a lot of sass in him," Jeno laughed as he told the blonde.