chapter 8

Chenle took a long shower when he got back into the dormitory.

He hated parties and this just made his hatred grow even more.

He couldn't tell if it was the water that was hitting his face or the tears that were steaming down his cheeks.

He finished his shower and dressed up in his dolphin onesie (isn't that just adorable).

He shut the lights off in the bathroom and headed back to sit on his bed.

He didn't like being alone, he was scared.

But he was even more afraid of someone being near him and touching him again.

Suddenly, the door abruptly shot open and in came a stumbling Donghyuck.

Chenle slid off of his bed and hurried over to the purple haired boy, seeing if he needed any help walking.

He was drunk and reeked of alcohol, the smell hurting Chenle's nose.

"Hyuck? Are you okay?" Chenle reluctantly asked as the older tripped over his foot, trying to remove his sneakers.

Donghyuck turned his head to face the younger, his eyes blinking slowly as he squinted them to get a better look at him.

"Oh! Chenle!" Donghyuck burped, "I~ didn't see you there."

"That's okay. How about I help you to the bathroom and set up a bath for you?" Chenle suggested to the drunk male.

"Hmmm, no!" Donghyuck giggled in between a burp.

"Uh, okay. Then how about I call Renjun? He'll know how to help you," Chenle went to grab his phone, but Donghyuck grabbed his wrist.

Donghyuck was too drunk to noticed the uncomfortable look on the younger's face as Chenle snatched his arm away.

"No! D-Do not! Don't call him~ I don't need him," Donghyuck slurred over his words. "I-Im just a bother."

Chenle sighed, "That's not true."

"Yes it is!" Donghyuck yelled, causing Chenle to flinch.

"My Renjunnie... All I d-do is bother him. You know what he said to me?" Donghyuck looked at Chenle, losing his balance a bit.

"He said that I suffocate him with my existence," Donghyuck slurred with a small pained smile.

"No he didn't, Hyuck. I'm sure he didn't," Chenle assured the older, but the purple haired shook his head.

"Yesa he did. He said that to me. He said it to my face~ at the party," Donghyuck defended and Chenle frowned.

Could Renjun really have said that to Donghyuck? His best friend since forever?

Chenle honestly could not believe it, he wasn't sure.

"He was probably just upset at something else. He didn't mean that," Chenle tried to reassure the older who didn't listen and stumbled over to his bed.

And suddenly, Chenle heard muffled cried on Donghyuck's pillow.

"I-I like him! I like him so damn much!" He screamed into his pillow, wailing as he had too much alcohol intake for him to be in control of his emotions.

"It hurts!" Donghyuck turned his face towards Chenle on his pillow. "Why does it hurt to love someone?"

Chenle stood silent. He wasn't sure what to say or how to respond to the drunken boy.

"I-is it so wrong to be in love," he hiccuped, "with your best friend?"

Chenle shook his head rapidly, "Of course not! You're allowed to love who you love."

Donghyuck sat up on his bed, rubbing his eyes, his eye makeup smudging all over.

"Then why won't he accept me?"

Chenle's heart clenched at the heartbroken Donghyuck in front of him. He couldn't stand seeing one of his close friends cry.

"Just give him time, Donghyuck. He'll come around, I'm sure of it," Chenle flashed a small smile.

"I want cuddles," Donghyuck pouted, reaching his arms out, but Chenle didn't dare move.

He didn't want to be touched by anyone, at least not right now after what just happened.

"How about I call Jeno, hmm?" Chenle sweetly offered and Donghyuck nodded his head like a two year old.

Chenle went to grab his phone, dialing Jeno's number and once the older responded, he immediately told the other what was happening.

Jeno wasted no time in coming back to the dorms to comfort his best friend while Jaemin went to comfort Renjun and make sure he was okay.

There was a knock at the door and Chenle opened it, a worried Jeno rushing inside.

"Thanks for calling me. I'm sorry about him," Jeno apologized and Chenle only shook his head.

"Of course. It's alright," Chenle answered.

He watched as Donghyuck had his arms stretched out to be cuddled and Jeno welcomed his best friend in his arms.

Chenle decided it'd be best to leave the two be for now so he grabbed his phone and key and left his room.

Seemingly coincidental, Jisung had been walking through the hallway back and forth.

"Ji? What are you doing?" Chenle questioned, grabbing the younger's attention.

Jisung jogged over to him and pulled the older into a hug, but Chenle harshly pushed the younger away by his chest.

"I-I'm sorry," Chenle backed away as he watched Jisung's face frown.

"No, I'm sorry. I should've been with you the entire time. It's my fault," Jisung apologized.

"It's not your fault. It's just me. I deserve it, I deserve it all," Chenle shrugged.

"That's not true!" Jisung protested, getting upset that Chenle thought so little of himself.

"You're not the one who decides what I deserve and what I don't deserve," Chenle retorted, with the same amount of anger as Jisung.

"I'm not saying I decide it! I'm telling you to stop thinking so negatively of yourself all the time!" Jisung shouted.

"Just let me be. It doesn't matter!" Chenle cried, trying to move past the taller but Jisung held his arm, dragging him into his dorm.

He slammed the door shut and sat Chenle on his bed.

"We're settling this now." He said, lowly.

-🌈-

This is so dramatic lmfao

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed.
Please take care of yourself and stay safe <33
Much love...xx