chapter 14

The two finally left each other's embrace once Jisung's parents called them down for dinner.

They were now seated at the dinning table, waiting as Mrs. Park served their plates and placed it in front of them.

"I hope you enjoy! I made your favorite, Jisung! I would've made your favorite too if I knew ahead of time you were staying over. My apologies, Chenle" Mr. Park said and Chenle shook his head with a small smile.

"Everything looks great. Thank you," Chenle responded, picking up his chopsticks and digging into his meal.

"How are your parents by the way?" Mrs. Park asked as she sat down to eat her meal, not noticing Chenle tense.

"They're fine. They're on a business trip," Chenle glanced at Jisung's mother, the two of them sharing a look as if they understood each other meanwhile Jisung looked at them in confusion.

"Safe travels for them then," Mrs. Park concluded, dropping the topic.

"Have you been behaving, Jisung?" Mr. Park asked his son.

"Of course I have," Jisung stated, taking a sip of his drink as his father shook his head.

"I don't believe you," He said and looked at Chenle, "Is he really behaving?"

Chenle felt all eyes on him, mainly Jisung's eyes which were begging Chenle not to tell his parents his minor slip ups he has here and there.

"He's been great," Chenle told with a smile, feeling a hand slowly make his way to caress his thigh in appreciation.

Chenle brought his hand down to meet Jisung's, using his thumb to rub small circles on the back of his hand.

"That's wonderful to hear. If that changes, you tell us Chenle," Mr. Park sternly said, but Chenle could obviously hear the hint of playfulness in his voice so he nodded with a small chuckle.

Dinner went by smoothly and the two boys helped Jisung's mom with washing the dishes before they went back up to the younger's room to rest.

Tomorrow was Christmas eve, which the two were excited to exchange each other's gifts.

Jisung's family always had a tradition where they'd all stay up on Christmas eve till midnight which would then be Christmas day to open up one gift and then the rest later.

Chenle loved spending Christmas eves with Jisung's family.

He remembered the last time he did spend it with them which was only a few years ago.

Not much had changed...

Except for the fact that the ones who Chenle most despises grew more abusive.

Jisung and Chenle were laying under the covers in the younger's bed, the rainbow haired boy's head laid on Jisung's chest as the younger's arm was draped over him.

"Lele?" Jisung called out, Chenle feeling the vibration of Jisung's voice on his head.

Chenle hummed in response as Jisung began to speak, "Is everything okay at home?"

Chenle didn't want to bother Jisung with any problems right now so he denied it.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Jisung assured, rubbing his hand down Chenle's back which made the older freeze and the younger immediately pulling his hand back.

"I-I know," Chenle whimpered.

Even though the whole incident at the Halloween party happened a couple months ago, Chenle could still feel the pain and the nasty hands of the other person touching him at times as if it happened only yesterday.

Jisung nodded as he took a deep breath and let it out slowly, he didn't want to lose his cool.

The younger began to stroke the older's soft hair as Chenle snuggled closer into Jisung's body.

The nightlight was the only source of light that shone in the room, Jisung plugging it in for Chenle's sake.

Exhaustion seemed to take a toll on Chenle's body as Jisung heard faint snores coming from then older's mouth.

He softly planted a kiss on Chenle's temple and whispered, "Goodnight," before he too, drifted off to sleep, worrying about his boyfriend.

-🌈-

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please take care of yourselves and stay safe! <3333