chapter 15

Chenle had been helping Jisung's mom in making the turkey for Christmas eve dinner this evening while Jisung and his dad were outside collecting firewood for the fireplace.

"Your parents asked where you were," Mrs. Park brought up as she stuffed and seasoned the turkey.

Chenle froze in his spot, his cheeks becoming pale.

"Don't worry. I told them you were still on campus studying and that you'll arrive tomorrow," she explained as Chenle nodded.

"O-okay. Thank you," was all Chenle could respond with.

Chenle really didn't want to see his parents at all, but it's not like he can avoid them forever.

"I know you and your parents don't really get along, but do you think you can tell me the reason now?" Mrs. Park questioned.

She didn't want to seem too intrusive, but this has been going on for years and she never knew the real reason why Chenle didn't want to be with his own family.

It's not like she minds him staying here though because Chenle is considered family at the Park residence.

"I...I don't really want to talk about it," Chenle admitted.

Lies.

He did want to talk about it, but he didn't want to ruin everyone's day with his problems.

He wants to scream and cry about how his parents are with him.

But at the same time, he doesn't want his parents to get in trouble even if they abuse him.

"Very well. I won't force you. You can tell me anything, but only when you're ready," Mrs. Park gave Chenle a reassuring smile.

The next several hours were them eating dinner, watching Christmas movies, playing board game, and listen to Christmas music all to pass the time by.

And before they knew it, twelve midnight striked, meaning everyone could open their gift.

"Alright, Chenle. You get the first pick. Which gift do you want to open tonight?" Mr. Park questioned as Chenle searched under the tree that had a few gifts with his name on it.

Jisung's parents were always thoughtful to get him a little gift as well, which made the rainbow haired boy feel like home.

Chenle chose a small gift that was wrapped in dolphin Christmas wrapping paper, which looked appealing to the young male's eyes.

Only Jisung snatched the gift away before the older grabbed it, flashing him and apologetic smile as his parents raised a brow at him and Chenle gave a confused look.

"Would it be okay if you opened this one later?" Jisung asked, nervously scratching the back of his head as his cheeks flushed and his parents now portraying a knowing smirk.

Chenle nodded with a smile, "Okay," catching the hint.

And chose another gift to open instead, choosing a pretty medium sized gift with Santa Claus wrapping paper, tearing it open.

Chenle smiled brightly, revealing a yellow pajama set with fuzzy socks.

He stood up and hugged Jisung and Jisung's  parents, thanking them.

Chenle was grateful to receive anything.

He never really had a lot of things during the holidays because of his them, his parents so getting anything really made him happy as he always showed his gratitude.

Everyone else opened up one of their gifts and shared how grateful they were.

They spent the rest of the time, watching one more Christmas movie before falling asleep on the couch.

Well, everyone but Chenle.

Chenle stared at the tv screen as he laid next to Jisung on the couch, the younger had his arms secured around his waist.

The older just couldn't fall sleep, probably because of the excitement for the holiday.

He wiggled and turned himself around in Jisung's arms, glancing at the younger's soft smooth face, letting his hand reach up and trace the younger's cheeks lightly.

His fingers traveled down to the younger's parted, plump lips as his smile fondly at his cute boyfriend.

He dropped his hand and snuggled closer into Jisung's chest, inhaling his soothing scent as he closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep.

-🌈-

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!!

I hope you have a great day/night. And Please take care of yourselves...much love..xxx