chapter 8| t h e g a r d e n

november 4th
12:30 pm
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA

november 4th12:30 pmSEOUL, SOUTH KOREA

third person pov

jeongin laid flat on his bed staring at the ceiling. days passed and there was no sighting of hyejin. it was as of the girl disappeared into thin air. like if she was just abducted, with no trace of her left behind.

the last thing the boy had of his best friend was the voice message she sent him when he didn't answer her phone call.

jeongin was very hard on himself for the past days. he kept blaming himself. he's cry himself to sleep thinking about how much of a difference things would be right now if he had answered the girls phone call from that night.

things would've been different if he took the signs seriously in the girls life. all the boy did was just blame himself. his mother tried to help out, but he'd always respond with, "you don't know how i feel."

but, i mean, that was true. jeongins mother didnt understand what it was like being in his position. hyejin didn't call her, she called him. her best friend.

jeongin always told hyejin that he'd always be there no matter what. no all he felt was guilt and failure.

there was a knock on the boys door, "come in." said jeongin as he slowly sat up.

the door opened and his mother walked in, "i have some...news." jeongin felt more awake knowing that if his mother had news. it was about hyejin.

"hyejins mother was found and hospitalized, but, doctors think that she won't make it...and well hyejin, they haven't found her yet. they can't find a trace of her at all. they used dogs to track her scent. it was going well until it just stopped at a random spot. they thought she was buried in the area but...nothing...nothing was found."

jeongin sighed in disappointment hearing about the news of hyejin and her mother. the boy laid back down not knowing how to feel or what to think. but he didn't want to think that his best friend is dead. that's the last thing he wants to think about.

"also jeongin, your principal called. he understands that you're having a hard time, but you have to go back to school. i know it's something you don't want to do, but you can't keep missing." said the boys mother as she softly caressed the boys head.

jeongin just nodded in response as he turned his back and faced the wall. his mother slightly frowned and decided to leave jeongin alone.

•••
SEO CASTLE, 12:30 pm
3rd person pov...

"i actually like fictional books more." said niki as he walked past the large bookshelf full of his favorite books.

"ah...does that mean...you also like...hmm...let me guess...fairytales?" questioned hyejin as she picked out a book that caught her eye.