chapter 10| t o o l a t e

SEO CASTLE

____________________________________hyejins pov

hyejins pov...

the sound of knocking caused me to wake up from my deep sleep. as i barely open my eyes i can hear my door quickly opening and closing.

i quickly sit up and see a hyperventilating and disturbed looking sunghoon.

confusion and concern fills my body, "s-sunghoon? are you okay?"
"he's back...hyejin...he's back!" quickly said sunghoon as he paced around the room.

"sunghoon...i just woke up can you be more specific here? and why are you like freaking out?" i question as i get off of my bed and make my way over to sunghoon to try and calm him.

sunghoon comes to halt when he sees that i'm in front of him. he has an unsure look on his face. hes shaky and looks like hes been disturbed.

"can you tell me what's going on?" i question waiting for sunghoon to speak up.

sunghoon stayed silent. he just stood there with his lips pressed together as if he was contemplating wether he should tell me about the situation he's in or not.

"sunghoon...whats going on who is back? i'm really-"
"my dad...he's back. him. and everyone. including mother." blurted sunghoon as he sighed and sat on my bed.

my heart dropped to my stomach. i felt like i was going to vomit with the news that sunghoon told me. i then realized that me staying one extra day might have caused this.

"what's crazier is that...we're back in the eighteen hundreds. specifically, two days before our mother died...and when father hunted us down and attempted to kill us." said sunghoon with a bit of sadness in his voice.

i slowly make my way over to sunghoon and sit right next to him. sunghoon suddenly drops his head onto my lap unexpectedly.

"whats the plan then?" i question
"the boys and i already came up with something. well, tomorrow prepare yourself cause we're going to have a ball. and well, the next days...i'm not sure what will happen." said sunghoon

"but what about me? i-"
"you're going to be my date. i know sounds odd but-"
"how did this even start? i- hold on...what did you wake up to?" i question

flashback to this morning
SUNGHOONS POV

darkness.

im in complete darkness. until all of the sudden i feel my eyes starting to flutter open.

my eyes finally open and i check my surroundings. i find myself in the room my brothers and i used to share back then. i raise an eyebrow seeing that i'm tucked into my bed.