The Calm... (Chapter 48)

You sighed as you took another sharp turn in the corridor, trying to shake the tail you knew was there. You couldn’t see them, but you were sure it was Neo. For the last day or two, since your plan had backfired, you’ve been stalked by at least one of the CMEN squad. Although, none were so obvious to catch as Neo, surprisingly. Despite her illusions, it appears that she wanted to be seen or caught by you every so often, as if it was a giant game of sorts.

Quickly ducking behind a stone column, you hid yourself, eventually hearing the clitter clatter of heels merrily skipping towards you. Once you saw the disguised Neo walk past your column, you darted at her. Just before you reached her, she looked over her shoulder with a smirk. She didn't try to stop you, however, as you grabbed her wrists and pushed her into the wall. The smug grin didn’t leave her face as you glared daggers.

(Y/N): “Stop following me.” She shook her head no softly. “You’re the worst.”

She pursed her lips before smirking, she then nodded up towards the wrists you were holding against the wall before giving a flirtatious wink. You thought for a second before letting go and stepping back with a harsher glare. She slowly pulled her arms down and rubbed her wrists looking up at you somehow smugger than before.

Neo: “Don’t tell me you didn’t mean to do that.” She signed to you, stepping forward.

(Y/N): “Well, I was trying to restrain you- No don’t give me that look.” You corrected yourself. “I was trying to make a point that I could take you out.”

Neo: “Can you now? I’d love to see you try.” She smiled at you, her hands coming to rest behind her as a silent challenge.

You shook your head, turning to walk away before spinning on your heel and throwing a punch, to which she ducked and swiped your legs out from under you. Landing on your back you went to roll to the side, expecting a kick to your chest, however found yourself pinned when Neo plopped herself down on your stomach.

Neo: “I feel very apprehended right now.”

You pushed Neo off you, only for her to grab your shirt and pull you up. Now she was on her back and you were above her. She winked and you immediately jumped up, causing Neo to silently laugh.

Neo: “See, I remember that happening once before.”

(Y/N): “I’m regretting it.”

Neo: “I think you’re just forgetting...” She elegantly flipped to stand up, before stalking towards you again.

(Y/N): “Hey no! That was one time and I am in a relationship now.” You clarified stepping back. Neo’s look dropped to a neutral one and she crossed her arms, her advance halting. “Don’t tell me you’re upset by that.” Her expression didn’t change. “Listen, it would never have worked. You’re a criminal, I’m a huntsman. We barely know anything about each other… well not strictly true, I know next to nothing about you and you have been stalking me for at least two days now so you’re bound to know somethi- off topic.”

Neo once again did nothing, in fact she didn’t move. You silently stepped forward and tapped her forehead, the illusion shattering when you did, causing you to groan in frustration. You looked around annoyed, assuming she might still be there.

(Y/N): “Right, I’m gonna go see my girlfriend.” You announced, to seemingly thin air before walking off.

Neo, meanwhile, was following you once again, dejectedly this time.

{Le Timeskip brought to you by me writing this}

Yang: “(Y/N)!” She shouted again, finally catching your attention, stopping your swing at her face.