The Dance (Chapter 34)

You hummed quietly as you set about getting everything ready on the stage, where the speakers and microphones had been setup. Smirking you looked at your scroll as another notification pinged, another had begged you to play a song for their sweetheart. You couldn't blame them, a romantic song playing specifically for a couple was a very romantic idea, one you had easily nabbed seeing you were the music player.

Crossing out the list again you sighed, staring sullenly at the names of your girlfriends as you tried to figure out the songs specific to them. Pulling your headphones on again you unconsciously tugged at your missing coat still missing the clothing item. A whole playlist of songs went by as you skipped each and every song, nothing appearing to be worth their time.

Your attention was drawn away from your scroll when the doors swung open and Weiss seemed to dance inside humming an unknown tune, wearing what you could only assume was her dress for the dance. The moment her eyes met yours she stopped, her face going beat red while looking away. Pulling down your headphones you smirked.

Weiss: "You. Saw. Nothing."

(Y/N): "Yes Ma'am?"

Weiss: "Good."

(Y/N): "Permission to speak Ma'am?" She looked unimpressed by your addressing her but shaking her head she nodded.

Weiss: "Granted."

(Y/N): "The hell was that?"

Weiss: "It was a song." She said rather proudly.

(Y/N): "Really?"

Weiss: "Yes! You're not the only one who can sing."

(Y/N): "You sing? I'm surprised you didn't have a butler for that..."

Weiss: "I'll have you know I had a trainer and her name was Evelyn. And she has trained me far beyond what you could do." She crossed her arms and smirked triumphantly.

Discarding your headphones fully, you jumped from the stage and dusted off your black waistcoat and trousers, holding up your scroll you pressed play on something before setting it on the stage as the speakers came to life.

(Y/N): "Anything you can do I can do better?" You asked questioningly.

Weiss: "A classic. And I'll have you know I CAN do anything better than you." She uncrossed her arms and cleared her throat slightly as the song started.

[Archer: "Even I didn't know I was going to do one for Weiss."]

Weiss: "Anything you can do, I can do better."

(Y/N): "Hah!"

Weiss: "I can do anything better than you."

(Y/N): "No you can't."

Weiss: "Yes, I can."

(Y/N): "No, you can't."

Weiss: "Yes, I can."

(Y/N): "No, you can't."

Weiss: "Yes, I can, Yes, I can!" She poked you hard in the chest turning on her heel and walking away a bit.

(Y/N): Walking after her you got in front of her. "Anything you can be, I can be greater. Sooner or later I'm greater than you."