Round One (Chapter 44)

Ruby: "Is anyone else starving?" She asked looking to her teammates while clutching her stomach.

All four had just trudged back to the fairground after their victory over Team ABRN, they were shattered from the fight but more so hungry.

Blake: "I may have worked up an appetite." She said coolly only for her stomach to growl angrily, much to her embarrassment.

Weiss: "Gee, if only there was somewhere on campus to get food around here." She then gestured to the surrounding fairground and the various stalls of games and food stands. "Oh, wait."

Ruby: "Don't worry Weiss, I forgot about the fairgrounds as well." She said, patting her shoulder.

Weiss: "I was being facetious?" She said slightly dumbfounded.

Ruby: "Well if you were hungry why didn't you say?!"

Yang: "Come on, I know a great place!"

As the team began following Yang, Weiss's scroll began ringing. Pulling it out, she scoffed when she saw 'Father' in bold, she muted the device and tucked it away again, just waiting for it to ring out.

Before they could get any further they were stopped by Emerald, who was holding a red wallet with some Lien.

Emerald: "It's gonna be difficult without this." She dangled the wallet before chucking it back to Ruby, who swiftly caught it, after a minor freak out, and stuffed it into her back pocket again. "Good to see you Ruby."

Ruby: "Thanks Emerald! Ugh, girl pockets are the worst."

Yang: "What's up Em?"

Emerald: "Oh, just got back from your awesome fight! You were all amazing!" Ruby started mumbling incoherently while tapping her fingers together.

Blake: "I heard your team won your fight as well."

Yang: "How'd you all do in the fight?"

Emerald stopped for a moment, recalling the 'fight' her team had won. She had to fight to keep the grin off her face as they had easily kicked all of them around, literally.

Emerald: "Really well."

Ruby: "That's great! We should all get some victory food!"

Emerald: "You're too kind! But the rest of my team is..." She looked behind her and pointed out Mercury sniffing a boot before looking at it in disgust. "Really socially awkward."

Yang: "Oooh, yea, I get that." She said, trying not to glance at Ruby when saying it.

Emerald: "Oh yeah, looks like Merc and I are going to move on to the doubles round. What about you guys?" She asked, folding her arms and tilting her head.

Ruby: "Well, as the leader of this team, I thought long and hard about this decision." She announced proudly only for Weiss to lean in front of her.

Weiss: "We put it to a vote." Ruby quickly pushed Weiss away to correct herself.

Ruby: "Yes, so, but I decided that we should put it to a vote."

Blake: "We voted for Weiss and Yang." She said with a smile and rolling her eyes.

Weiss: "I will happily represent Team RWBY."

Yang: "Yeah, we're going to kick some butt!" She smirked with an air of confidence.

Emerald: "Well, if Mercury and I see you down the line, don't think we'll go down easy." She smirked back.

Yang: "Wouldn't have it any other way."