The Stray (Chapter 16)

Your POV

You and team RWBY walked through down town Vale headed towards the docks. Luckily for you there were no intentions of your wallet being hijacked again, instead Weiss had insisted her team go to the docks and Yang dragged you along.

Weiss: "Ahh the Vytal festival, oh this is absolutely wonderful." Weiss was smiling happily as she watched the banner get put up.

Ruby: "Wow Weiss I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, it's kinda weirding me out."

(Y/N): "So it's not just me." You and Ruby sneakily high-fived.

Weiss: "But how could you not smile, a festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, a tournament, oh the amount of planning that goes into an event like this is simply breathtaking."

(Y/N): "Wow and I thought dances couldn't be more boring yet you found a way."

Yang: "Yea, you really know how to take a good think and make it boring."

Weiss: "Quiet you two." You rolled your eyes and Yang shrugged as you finally reached the docks and looked out across the crystal blue ocean.

Yang: "Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks."

Ruby: "Ugh it smells like fish."

Weiss: "I heard that students from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today and as a representative of Beacon academy I feel that it's my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom."

Blake: "She wants to spy on them to try and get the upper hand in the tournament."

Weiss: *Scoff* "You can't prove that."

(Y/N): "I can I have your diary."

Weiss: "You what!" Weiss turned on her heel reaching for her rapier as you held your empty hands up.

(Y/N): "I don't but now I know there is one to look for." A cheeky grin was plastered on your face and Weiss scoffed and turned away.

Ruby: "Woah."

You all stopped and looked in the direction Ruby was facing. A few feet in front of you was a dust shop with its window smashed in, it had an excessive amount of tape covering it and there were two detectives on scene. You all followed Ruby and approached.

Ruby: "Excuse me, what happened here?"

Detective 1: "Robbery, second dust shop to be hit this week, this place is turning into a jungle." The detective turned and went to his colleague.

Yang: "That sounds terrible."

Detective 2: "They left all the money again."

Ruby: "Huh?"

Detective 1: "Yeah just doesn't make a lick o' sense. Who could need all that dust?"

Detective 2: "I dunno, ya know what I mean?"

Detective 1: "You thinking the uh White Fang?"