Christmas/New Years Special

Slight spoilers for the future below. Jesus christ I was so late with this one that a new decade started.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Snow gently brushed against the windows of the quaint cottage you all found yourselves in. Despite this, it was impossible to see more than 6 feet out of the window before it dropped off into a seemingly endless white void.

The question of how and why RWBY, JNPR, and (Y/N), had gotten into this strange home had long passed by the friends, due to the amount of time they had already been there, having gone unanswered. Their host, the owner of the cottage, was being quite cryptic of what he said and did, cautiously so.

He had a black waistcoat over a navy blue shirt that was neatly tucked into his jeans, in fact, the mess of brown hair on his head was the only thing unkempt about him. He had introduced himself as the keeper of life, the universe, and everything before calling himself an asshole deciding that they would just call him Author.

Currently, he was pushing Pyrrha into line alongside the rest of RWBY behind a brown sofa, (Y/N) having already been made to sit on it, all of them confused. Seemingly content with his handiwork, he took a step back and took out a device, the same one that hadn't stopped pinging with 'notifications' when they first met him, and held it up to them. There was an audible click as he smirked devilishly.

Author: "Oh, if only Jack could see this... you're a lucky man (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "Right... sorry does this mean something to you?" He asked, gesturing to the girls and the sofa.

Author: "Not me specifically, I have better taste typically." He paused for a second. "That almost rhymed." A grin spread across his face.

Yang: "Right that's it! I'm officially over whatever this is!" She said as she jumped over the sofa and quickly closed the gap between herself and the brunette. "So you better explain what's going on or so help me god!" She raised her fists ready to pummel him for answers.

Author: "How can I help Yang?" He smirked slightly, only irritating her further. 'I have always wanted to say something like that... oh shit you guy's can read my thoughts now! Don't think about when ______ dies!'

Yang looked ready to deck him when (Y/N) carefully grabbed onto her wrists and pulled her into a hug, shuffling awkwardly backwards.

(Y/N): "Calm down." He whispered to her. "I don't think we're gonna get far threatening him." The two plopped down onto the sofa, much to the confusion of their friends.

However, Author just started laughing.

Author: "Okay, sorry. Completely my fault, I've been leading you all about for a while. I was just waiting for the last of the questions."

Yang: "Q-questions?" She paused confused as he just nodded.

Author: "Everyone take a seat..." All of the students found themselves suddenly sitting on the sofa, that had somehow expanded to fit them all.

Weiss: "How did you-?"

Author: "Put on a hat and take some hot cocoa..." Santa/elf hats dropped onto their heads, Nora and Ruby's eyes beginning to sparkle as mugs appeared in everyone's hand.

Blake: "We're not actually doing-"

Author: "And prepare for a non-descript holiday special!" Ruby, Jaune, and Nora cheered happily, easily overpowering Weiss & Blakes groans of protest.

Nora: "Oh come on you guys, It could be fun!"

Weiss: "I just don't see why we're doing it! We're not a show!" They all looked to Author who just chuckled nervously. "Right?"