No Brakes (Chapter 38)

Roman: "Wow! You are much more manageable without that oversized gardening tool of yours."

Ruby got up and charged at Roman, which he simply sidestepped sending Ruby stumbling across the floor.

Roman: "Oh man. You know, Perry, I really did need this." Perry raised his thumb in agreement as Roman laughed.

Roman: He sauntered over to Ruby and aimed his cane at her. "But seriously. How'd you find this place, Red?"

Ruby growled and darted away using her semblance to cross nearly half the cavern.

Roman: "Whoa!" Smiling, Roman stood up, spun his cane in his hands, and aimmed the handle at Ruby. He fired the handle, which shot out like a grappling hook, at Ruby, catching her by her hood and allowing Roman to pull her back.

Roman: "I see you've got some tricks up your sleeve! Let me make this clear. We're not through here yet."

He grabbed Ruby by the hood and brought down his cane, connecting heavily with her leg the only thing stopping it from breaking being her aura. Ruby screamed out in pain as Roman laughed maniacally. He brought his cane down over and over chipping down her aura as her screams of anguish echoed throughout the cavern climatically.

(Y/N): "ROMAN!" You yelled rapidly running towards the criminal.

Roman: "Oh, what the... Perry, if you and the boys could take care of that? Kinda in the middle of something."

Perry nodded and pulled out his blade alongside the other members of the Fang and charged towards you. You all met a short distance from Roman.

Parrying Perry's blade you used your sword like a bat and sent the Faunus flying. Your attention was drawn from him when you felt a blade cut across your cheek, drawing blood, as the Fang member thrusted his sword at you. Kneeing the attacker in the stomach they keeled over allowing you to strike them down with a swift slice across the cavern unconscious.

Out of the corner of your eye you saw Roman bring his cane down on Ruby again as another agonising sound of anguish flew from her and you froze at the sound. This lapse was long enough distraction that your next opponent thrusted his sword through your stomach coming out the other side, however not piercing your coat instead just pushing it as red gushed from your wound.

Fang Member: "Boss I got him!"

Ruby and Romans head snapped towards the two of you where blood dropped from the blade but your head lifted upwards as did your sword arm.

(Y/N): "Are you sure about that?"

The Fang Member looked up in shock as you looked them dead in the eyes giving them a hint as to what the next few seconds of pain would be like. Your sword moved faster than they could react as it lit on fire and tore through the Faunus aura and then flesh easily ripping their head from their shoulders.

The Faunus went limp and collapsed to the floor his head rolling away the fear and pain on their face unmistakable. Ripping the sword from your gut you grunted in pain as you stumbled towards Ruby.

Roman: "O-oh shit." The coward ran off to the train in the distance leaving Ruby.

(Y/N): "You okay Red?" You asked weakly. Ruby looked at you in terror as you covered the wound in your stomach.

Ruby: "Y-you killed him..."

(Y/N): "We'll talk later." You said trying to help her up but she just pushed away from you.

Just then Weiss, Blake, Yang, Zwei and Oobleck ran around the corner looking worried.

Yang: "Ruby! You found her!" Said girl ran to her sister and hugged her.