Death of Friends. (Chapter 51)

Blake crawled backwards, unable to prevent herself from shaking and panting, as she moved further away from the man standing over her, a blood-red blade in hand. Her partner, Adam Taurus, slowly advanced on the cowering faunus as a creeping smile etched on his face.

Adam: “I hoped to find you here Blake, I must admit, I was hurt when you left us.” Blake froze as he kneeled down, tilting his head to one side. “I see you’re still hiding yourself behind that bow.” He reached to remove it but Blake finally snapped out of her paralysis and slapped his hand away.

Blake: “Don’t you touch me.” She growled, her anger beginning to work against her fear.

Adam hung his head as he stood up and sauntered away a short distance, looking out the window to admire the destruction of Beacon. Blake looked for her weapon and saw the discarded blade to her left, having lost it in a short duel with Adam, slowly beginning to reach for it. Her old partner however turned to see her reaching for the weapon and frowned.

Adam: “You’re already beaten, we both know that.” Blake dived for the weapon only for Adam to already be standing on top of it. “Or maybe you don’t, traitor.”

A swift kick to the face sent Blake into a wall, eliciting a grunt of pain, before Adam pointed his blade towards her. There was no reluctance in his movements, and his words were full of conviction. Blake had always known him as a man of principle, unfortunately his were those of skewed morality.

It was at this point Blake became aware of her name being yelled as she saw Yang run past a window outside, both the girl’s eyes widening as they saw one another. Yang’s gauntlets clicked into place, as her eyes went red in a rage.

Adam: “There was a time you would have lived for a moment like this. At what point did you turn from the light of our mission?” He laughed slightly. “Truthfully, it doesn’t matter. You know what happens to traitors. I hope you have made your peace.”

Yang: “NOOO!”

Blake: “WAIT!”

Time seemed to freeze as Yang went sailing past Adam, twisting as she did so, her right arm having been cut clean off by the faunus. Adam turned to look at the pair as Blake held Yang close, looking at her old partner with a renewed fear. That did put a smile onto his face as he held the blade up again.

Adam: “Well… that was pointless.”

He brought his blade down again, the remaining red energy slicing through where Blake kneeled. However, rather than slicing through skin and bone, he found that it was just a black smoke as the two disappeared. Adam reeled back and whipped around looking for the pair but saw nothing, the rage he felt welling up as Blake slipped through his retribution again. This negativity drew in several Grimm, only for him to tear through them all with ease as he let his anger loose.

Elsewhere, deep in the heart of Beacon Academy, within the hidden vault of the Fall Maiden, Ozpin led Pyrrha and Jaune towards the Maiden Power transfer station. A sense of urgency in their step as they ran towards the device. Ozpin inputted a code and the right hand station opened up as Pyrrha set aside her weapons, resting them next to the pod.

Jaune: “What is this place? What’s going on?!”

Ozpin: “It’s unimportant. All that’s important is that Pyrrha makes her choice, and ensures it’s the right one.” He said as he looked towards the redhead, his gaze making her look towards Jaune worried.

Jaune: “Whatever it is- Whatever this is! Is this what you want?” He asked, meeting the gaze of his partner.

Pyrrha: “It is what destiny has ordained for me. And it’s the only choice we have to stop Cinder.” She nodded. “I choose to accept my destiny.”