Chapter 13

Bright

After resigning from my last job as receptionist at IMPERIUM . Everything changed from there on.

Gulf has become more than a friend to me .I've started working as a junior manager at a small restaurant close to our apartment .The restaurant was not quite famous but had a hand-in-the-air singing-along sort of setting .It was a perfect place for lovers who adored live music. With dimly lit rooms, red lighting and some candlelit nooks for date nights, I ve always wished to take him here after gathering up all my savings. I've brought him here as a friend never as my boyfriend .

Gulf was always a fan of the wide genre of music that was being played here. Blues, indie-rock, soul, jazz, folk-rock and even vinyl-heavy DJ sets can be found blaring from the mikes of this bar where I once joined along with the band to sing as a replacement for one of the main singer .From There onwards ,we were having occasional gigs as well .

Bright : I ve to ask him ? Ask him out and make him my boyfriend .(thinking hard and chuckling )

Gulf : what happened to you,phi . why are you laughing like this ? phi ,you're getting weirder day by day .

Bright : oh nothing ! (smirked).

After parting away from my bandmates and getting myself in the apartment took too much time for me as usual .every now and then , Gulf would open up the door for me or would stand in the doorway to carry me into our apartment when I was too drunk to carry myself in .He never complained about me being all drunk and wasted . However ,he was always mad about me riding back on my bike tipsy .He would always warn me not to return back by riding on it  and text me often to hail for a taxi to reach back safely .These little Unexpected gestures from him did make a huge impact on me . I was starting to like him more than just a friend .I've started taking interest in every Little hobby he did to keep himself from hurting more . when he was all broken because of mew .

"It does not take long to go from friends to lovers . "Gulf, he had made a huge transition in me. I was experiencing intense feelings for him day after day . I was hopelessly smitten by him just by thinking about him.

Throughout day and night we can't get enough of each other and are clearly going from friends to lovers .The daily dose of interaction we had doesn’t cut it, does it? If we two are texting each other back and forth throughout the day, and then, top it up with long phone calls at night, it’s a sign our friendship is turning into love.

When all of a sudden something happens to me at work . he knows, about it instantly and will ask me why am I being upset over silly issues .He would look at me more than twice and sigh Asking me about what was I thinking earlier that made me angrier ,he always had the perfect medicine  to cheer me up from this kind of sitch , my favourite ice cream. We would share it and get more intimate at times when I'm upset or distressed .These small appreciations that he have shown me made me realise that he cares a lot and is paying attention to everything that I've been through .

A few weeks before . When I got back after meeting up with my boys for our next gig, which was taking place at our  restaurant near mangonada . We had ourselves celebrated till midnight and parted our ways happily  .That was the night, I lost him. 

Yet ,on that day when I stumbled across the dark and empty state of our apartment had shook me to my core . Everything in our room was completely destroyed. Not a small trace of him was found .All the furniture that we had bought were completely ruptured and broken . Apart from all those tiny matters, what had shook me the most was his disappearance. More than the little loses that I've come across have never made me feel this weak .when I understand that Gulf was no longer with me .I could see my life shatter before my eyes .when,  I met myself with an empty apartment.The life in me was completely wiped out without his presence .Every little bit of his memories were starting to fade away .His room was still the same but he wasn't there with me anymore.I was broken from inside out knowing the fact that it was over .

Sometimes,  I would go in his room and crawl upon his bed just to inhale his faint smell that was starting to fade away.He was so special . His laugh ,the way he makes me my favourite soup ,our favourite song that we sang together . Everything reminds me of him and our time together as one .It's been weeks since I've searched for him,Gulf .There was no trace of him after coming back to our apartment each night was harder for me to pass by  , Everything seems dull right now .After his disappearance ,people around our apartment and  the policemen has showed  blind eye to his case .I was losing hope .Putting on a smile and showing acceptance of a loss, while pushing down other feelings that was surfacing up  , only keeps us stuck in our grief.Never makes us better .

Bright : where are you ? Nong .(crying sliently)