01 | ANYMORE.

Lengthening her strides toward her desk, F/N's finger pushed in-between the ball of her foot and the back of her heel to secure its position.

   She swept her faux locs into a low effort ponytail while she smoothed out her white, button-up shirt, feeling down the sides of her black, high-waist jeans.
   Her glossy, two-toned lips were pulled into a thin line while her face held an expression of numbness and sleepiness from the prior night.

   "Another long night?" F/N's eyes started on the papers on her desk before sighing and rubbing her temples, looking at her friend who instead let her hair rest at her shoulders.
   "I don't wanna talk about it." She shunned the topic because they both knew the answer.

   It was everyday at this point.
   She'd wait for him to come home and be stuck awake till four in the morning, blowing up his phone.
   But now, she didn't even bother calling him.
   She didn't bother trying to look pretty for him.
   She didn't bother doing anything anymore.

   "You really gotta breakup with him at some point."
   "All I gotta do is stay black and die." Going on the defensive, she put her head against the receptionist's desk.

   It was the same old story, wasn't it? Highschool sweethearts and every time she tried to break it off with him, he'd sob like a fucking baby.

   "Very funny. But no, seriously, you look horrible. Are you even getting any sleep anymore?"
    "Wow, thanks for helping my self-esteem."
    "Your welcome." A soft, reluctant chuckle left her chest.
    "I'll be fine, relax. I can pull as many all nighters as a college student."
   Shoving herself off of the circular desk, she walked over to her chair and began to shoo her friend away.
   "Alright, alright. Just call me if you need anything, sweets."
   "You got it."

   Watching her friend disappear into the silence of the unnecessarily large building, F/N began to think over everything whilst filing out the paperwork.

* * * * * *

   "F/N, wake up." A hand held her's, squeezing gently.
   "Mm." She grumbled.
   "C'mon, it's time for you to go home."
   "A few more minutes, baby, please. You know I like to sleep in."
   "F/N, it's me, Aran." A genuine laugh bellowed through the room and get eyes popped open.

   Her head shot up and a warm pain went through the left side of her neck.
   "Oh." She could only say, grimacing at the pain momentarily before snatching her hand away. She kept a low, guarded stance as she could feel his eyes soften at how she stumbled when standing up.
   No, don't do that.
   Don't pity me, please.
   "You've been falling asleep more and more lately, are you alright?"
   "Yeah, I'm alright, thank you. Do you know what time it is?" She shot him a quick smile to deflect the interrogation, being preciously short with him.

   His expression shifted once he looked at his watch. This gave her enough time to size him up.
   He wore one of his finer two-piece suits that seemed to be having a hard time due to his bulky figure. Cringing at her own thoughts, she watched his jaw clench subconsciously a few times before he answered.

   "6:03 P.M."
   "I guess it's time for me to go home, have a good night sir." She grabbed her already organized things and began to walk away.
   "Do you need any help? I could walk you down to your car."
   Pausing, F/N looked down at her phone.
  15 missed notifications.
   Her chest tightened.
   "Ah, no thank you." She flashed him another smile before continuing towards the elevator.