10 | TESTIMONY OF LOVE.

Watching the flashing, bokeh lights fall fast behind the car, F/N held her hands neatly in her lap.

    "You look kinda tense." Aran threw a few glances her way, noticing how tightly her shoulders held their posture.

    "Yeah, it's just, what made you want to apologize? If you're just looking for physical stuff I'm not,"

    "It's the complete opposite of what you're thinking. I," She watched him steer with ease, even using one hand to turn. "I can show you better than I can tell you."

    The car slowed to a stop as his arm laid behind her seat while he parked.

    A fancy dinner hall stood largely in front of her and anxieties welled in the color of her eyes.

    "Aran, where are we?"

    "It's a surprise." Already halfway out of the car, he shut his door and opened hers. "I can tell you're getting nervous, don't worry, you'll be the prettiest woman here. Promise!" Interlocking her arm securely with his, they walked up the steps into a room filled with boisterous lights and gold-plated everything.

    Many circular tables covered in white tablecloths adorned the sides of the room while the middle floor presented itself freely. Next to those tables were more tables, but instead filled with chattering people, were filled with appetizers, drinks, and hors d'oeuvres.

    "I feel like I'm in a movie."

    "Good, I want you to be the star of the show." He whispered with a flirtatious tone while she was left shivering at his breath on her ear.

    "Aran, there are!" A friend, F/N supposed, came approaching fast. "You're late."

    "Isn't that what I'm good for?" He smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

    "And who do we have here? Is this the woman you've been bragging about?" Taken aback, F/N looked towards him with a mischievous grin.

    "You've been bragging about me?"

    "I told you I was going to show you off, didn't I?" His smile somehow gleamed brighter when it was directed at her.

    "But yes, I am the woman he's told you about, F/N L/N, nice to meet you." She extended out a hand, firmly grasping the males in hers.

    "Oh! A firm handshake, don't lose this one now!" She could feel his arm tense up in hers just enough for her to squeeze him closer. Though he immediately bounced back, she began to stare at him.

    His jaw was clenching.

    "Hey, you still owe me an explanation," F/N whispered, nudging his side.

    "Ah, right." They pulled to the side before making their way to the middle, right where couples were dancing together.

    "You can dance right?"

    "No, but I'mma try." He laughed and began to sway their bodies.

    "What was that all about?" She started.

    "Called my bluff, huh? Well, I guess I owe you more than one explanation now." His shoulders dropped. "I'm a hopeless romantic, I guess. I've dated a lot of women, stayed with few for longer than a month."

    "Why?"

    "What did you do?" Rested on her lower lip.

    "They either couldn't handle commitment or were just with me for money altogether. It, it sucks. It does, but I'm still willing to take chances from time to time. And you're one of those chances." He cupped her cheek in his hand, tracing his thumb over her skin.

    "I guess we're somewhat similar."

    "That drives me into the second explanation." He moved his hand away and ghosted it overtop her waist.

    "Oh, it's fine, I was just being dramatic."

    "No, no. I'm genuinely sorry for the things I said that day. You put your trust in me, and I blew you off. You were just getting out of a long relationship with a lot of baggage and I should have considered how that made you feel. You weren't being dramatic, I was just being insensitive."

    F/N's gaze met his adoringly, watching his he continued to speak, but no noise met her ears.

    "What? What's with that look?"

    "Nothin', I'm just not used to hearing this."

    His arms wrapped around her protectively as he began to mutter a few words into her shoulder.

    "Whatever you went through, I'm sorry. I don't know what happened, but you didn't deserve it." Her breath became shaky and her vision blurred.

    "Aran, bro, shut up."

    "And I can't do anything to fix what happened to you, but I can, if you'll let me, I can," Their breathing fell in sync as she buried her face in his shoulder as well. "I want to walk into love with the person you've become."

    "That makes no sense." She laughed bitterly.

    "Hear me out," He squeezed at her waist. "I want to walk into love with you because I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. I know you have baggage, I know you're a bit short sometimes, I know. And I'm okay with that, so this is my explanation, this is my testimony of love. I want to be able to say you love me without forcing the title of 'mine' on you. You're no object nor are you even mine for the taking, I just,"

    "Aran that's enough, you're overwhelming me." She choked on her laughs and tears, patting his back. "I don't know if I'm ready for all that or not, but I'm willing to have a second date with you because this is pretty nice."

    "Even that alone means you're willing, and that's good enough." Without a second thought, he peppered kisses on her face. "Can we go eat some fast food? Those plates of shit like vegetables and tiny pieces of bacon aren't gonna do me any good."

    She found herself grinning till it hurt while he conversed, but this pain wasn't so bad.

    "Yeah, let's go."

notes:going to sleep now

notes:
going to sleep now.