03 | EVIDENCE.

F/N sat neatly in the cafe while her boyfriend went to the bathroom, unable to wipe the smile from her face, never had she wanted to rub this in her friend's face so badly.

    "Sorry, I'm back." Pulling his chair out to sit back down, F/N perked up.

    "It's cool, I'm about to go order our food anyway. What do you want?" She stood up, smoothing out her skirt.

    "I'll probably just have a chocolate muffin," He looked over at the menu with a squint. "Oh, wait. Here." He handed her his card and she nodded before walking to stand in line.

    It wasn't long before she was at the front, so she cleared her throat and code-switched with ease.

    "I'll have a chocolate muffin and a medium frappe with extra caramel, please." She smiled at the woman behind the counter, noticing how short she was.

    Though her own height wasn't something to gasp over, it still was above the average height for a woman in America.

    "Yes ma'am, that will be $9.45. Also, your name please?"

    "F/N." Swiping the card, F/N watched as a barista began to work and she shuffled out of line.

    Rocking back and forth on her heels patiently, he came to intertwine their fingers.

    "You look beautiful." He charmed.

    "Thank you." She replied, smitten. Sharing some small talk, they were interrupted.

    "F/N!"

    "That's us, I'll go get it." Her hand left his as she went to grab the food. "Thank you!" She smiled as the barista paused before replying.

    The sudden weight of a stare ghosted over her shoulders and she finally realized that the barista was sizing her up.

    "Is something wrong?" She appeared to be taken by surprise when F/N spoke up.

    "No, no. Just," Side-eyeing her then him, a slight smirk tugged at her lips. "Oh, so you're his side-piece."

    F/N could barely process what was said to her before her boyfriend put a hand on her shoulder.

    "Ready to go?" He seemed to freeze up when he made eye contact with the barista as well.

    A thick tension enclosed the room and F/N finally realized what was going on.

    "What'd you just say to me?" Trying to be as polite as possible at the moment, her jaw clenched.

    "I said you're holding up the line ma'am."

    "No, no, I heard something a little different. What the hell did you say to me? Don't get scary now."

    "C'mon F/N, she's not worth it."

    "Nah, get off of me," she swept his hand away. "I'm not about to be disrespected by a bitch who works in a fucking cafe, bitch I make ten times what you make in a year in a day so sit your smartass down." F/N clenched her fists, feeling her blunt, white-colored nails dig into her skin.

    "F/N, people are staring." His hand found her bicep as he pulled her away. Smacking her lips, she yanked her arm away and walked out.

    That was not one of her finer moments.

* * * * *

    "F/N! I've been calling you, what the hell?" Bouncing her leg, she didn't respond. "Hey! Hello!"

    "I don't want to talk right now."

    "Be a fucking adult for a minute and speak up!" Something snapped in her.

    "Who the hell're you talking to?" She stood up, watching him back up slightly; her outbursts were not things you'd want to be involved in.

    "I've been looking for you for at least twenty minutes now, can you tell me what the hell happened instead of sulking?"

    "I'll tell you what happened alright, that stupid blonde bitch called me your side-piece." Watching his expression shift a little, everything was clicking.

    Every signal was going off.

    All these green flags were turning red fast.

    "Tell me, Atsumu, why the hell did she know who you were?"

    "She's just someone I know from work."

    "Work? Work? You don't work at a coffee shop, Atsumu." A wide, open-mouthed smile pulled her eyes wider. "It's all making so much sense now." She cracked up, beginning to pace from side to side.

    "What're you accusing me of?" He grew defensive.

    "I'm not accusing you of nothin', all the evidence is right there! Whatchu think I'm dumb or something?"

    "Listen,"

    "Nah, nah but you love me right?" She chuckled bitterly. "Man, you ain't shit."

notes:

notes:

yes i made atsumu the bad guy just like everyone else. why? cause it's funny.

anywho, this is the outfit F/N was wearing:

take it or leave it, but this lady is so pretty bro