11 | KISS OF LIFE

"McDonald's?"

    "Nah, the only thing good there is their fries, hash browns and coffee."

    "Wendy's?"

    "Only thing good there is the chicken nuggets and frosties."

    "Now that I think about it, there aren't too many good fast food places." Aran sighed, tapping the wheel with his finger while his other arm rested on the window. "How bout we just enjoy the night? You seem to like the air tonight."

    F/N turned to him with a wide grin.

    "Summer nights are a guilty pleasure of mine." She rested her head on her arms while Aran drove them off somewhere. She didn't really pay attention to the street names or how the buildings disappeared behind them, she preferred to disappear off the face of the earth once in awhile, and doing it with Aran made it even better.

    He pulled up to an empty field with hills that rolled just high enough for you to catch a glimpse of the city. He got out and opened her door, putting his blazer on her shoulders.

    "So," He coughed awkwardly. "What do you wanna do?"

    F/N shrugged earnestly. "We could find a place to sit."

    "Alright, cool." They walked parallel to each other to a place with a good view. After some discussion they both agreed to the largest hill. Placing the blazer beneath her, F/N sat down, as did Aran.

    There was a comfortable silence going on between them, the cool wind and iridescent sky encompassing their need to talk. The insatiable hunger of the city engulfed its people, showing them off as blazing lights that could be seen from only the highest place in heaven but with where they were, they were as close as they could get to heaven on earth.

    "So," They both spoke up at the same time.

    "Wait, you go first." She laughed.

    "Alright," He chuckled. "Can I hold your hand?" She stared at him. "You don't gotta say yes."

    "Nah it's not that, I was just about to ask this deep question and then your goofy ass just says that." She laughed through her nose.

    "Now wait a minute, I can be romantic! Remember what I said at that party?"

    "That's not the point, you just ruined the moment."

    "Like hell I did!" He smacked his lips, leaning back on his arms with a significantly sour face. "What was your question anyways?"

    "Oh, right." She paused. "I forgot."

    "Bro."

    "Okay I'm lying." She laughed once more before falling silent. "Do you ever get swept up by time? Y'know, since we live in such a eat or be eaten city, do you think time will ever just be kind to people like us?"

    "What do you mean people like us?" He kept his eyes on the flickering lights that seemed to get dimmer by the moment while he listened.

    "Us, who this world has never been kind to. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, there's one good thing waiting for us somewhere?" The wind picked up significantly, causing her to breathe in stiffly.

    "Damn. That was a deep question." He huffed childishly.

    "That's the reason why I didn't wanna ask,"

    "Yes."

    "What?"

    "I know it, no, I can feel it in my gut, in my spirit, in my soul. I know there's something waiting for me. Waiting for people like us. Whether it be overcoming or being able to feel heaven at my fingers. There's somethin'." He sat up, resting his forearms on his knees while his eyes burned with passion.

    "Aran."

    "What's up," He turned to her quickly, more than ready to change the subject, only to be met with her lips on his and her hand on the back of his neck. Before he could even react, she pulled away.

    "Thanks for tonight. I haven't had this much fun in years." Her eyes hid from him.

    "Uh, yeah, no problem." He was a bit dejected that the moment of her lips on his lasted for so little, but cleared his throat instead of making a huge fuss. "Actually, scratch that," He grabbed her chin, kissing her deeply. His hands found their way to her neck as she wrapped hers around his wrists. Slowly his lips trailed from her's and across her cheek, to her ear, etc.

    "Aran," She breathed.

    "Yeah, I know, I just," He clasped her shoulders in his hands, squeezing them tightly while he ghosted his lips along her skin, his warm breath afraid to lose her. Afraid to lose the moment. Afraid to lose it all. "I'm sorry."

    F/N held her head up in shook, eyes wide at the sky. As he buried his face into her neck further, she rested her chin on his head. And oh how she wished she could've said something, anything.

 And oh how she wished she could've said something, anything

notes

a little romantic chapter for you <3.