07 | A SOFT YES.

"Punk ass motherfucker." F/N tapped her foot, waiting outside. She was both angry at him for making her wait and at herself for falling for his tricks.

    Aran Ojiro had such a strong grip on women that no girl couldn't not melt at that smile of his.

    Understandably so.

    He was tall, well-groomed, and constantly a gentleman. She of course admired him from time to time, but nothing more; she especially couldn't understand why women would drop dead at even the smallest attention from him.

    But as more cars passed, she began to think over it.

    The way his jaw would clench whenever he was frustrated or just focused on something, how he would sometimes reach for the simplest skinship, whether it be a comforting hand on the shoulder or him hovering over her.

    God has his favorites and one was clearly Aran.

    Burying her face into her jacket, she began to feel her fingertips frost over from the sharp, chilling wind.

    "And he blew me off."

    "Hey, hey now, don't go assuming I'd up n' leave you in the cold." Aran placed his head on top of hers, hands squeezing her shoulders.

    "You're late." Not moving, she closed her eyes at the coming wind.

    "My bad, I'll make it up to you." He smiled.

    "Uh-huh, sure." She clicked her tongue.

    "What? You don't believe me? Aight, you just wait." Not used to hearing him so informal, she turned around to make sure it was actually Aran Ojiro. "Did I say something wrong?"

    "Nah, I'm just not used to hearing you talk like that."

    "Same goes for you, we gotta stop code-switching without warning."

    "Agreed." She chuckled.

    "There it is, that smile I like."

    "Man, shut up. Why'd you make me wait outside in the cold?"

    "I wanted to talk to you."

    "About?"

    "Will you go out with me?"

    "No."

    "Damn! At least think on it."

    "Okay. No."

    "Give me a reason."

    "Don't gotta reason."

    "That's a bold-faced lie and you know it."

    "No, it's not."

    "C'mon, you have to give me a reason or else I won't stop pestering you."

    "First you gotta tell me why you want to date me and why you think you deserve to."

    "Oh, I gotta deserve it?"

    "Yup." Watching him inhale sharply, she groaned. "Bro, I was just playing! Fine, I'm just not ready to date again."

    "Why?" Biting her tongue, she kept her face low. "Nope, look at me. Be an adult and use your words." He cupped her face in his, causing her to grimace.

    "I just got out of a bad relationship a few months ago and y'know how it is."

    "Who said we were gonna get in a relationship?" He grinned, earning a slight push from her. "Okay I was just playing, wait." He laughed, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. "We don't have to date if you don't want to, I just wanna be able to say I took you out."

    "What is this, high school? Gonna brag to your friends or somethin'?"

    "Yup, I'll tell them how you let me hold your hand and everything." His laugh erupted into her shoulder, walking towards their cars. "So will you go out with me or not?"

    "Fine, yes. However, that's a soft yes." She held onto his arms as they took lengthy strides.

    "Alright, so it's settled. Good night, sweetheart." He pressed a kiss to the side of her head, she shooed him off.

    "Don't start with those corny-ass pet names!"

    "You love em' and you know it!" She listened to his footsteps fade and covered her mouth.

    Though it would never show up on her dark skin, her face was heating up enough to make the autumn air feel like summer's gentle breeze.