04 | FORGIVING TEARS.

"I'm surprised you're not crying."

    "Who the fuck do you think I am, huh? I've been waiting to get rid of his sorry ass, now I've got a reason." F/N clicked her tongue, sipping down the cup of coffee her friend made.

    "You don't have to be so tough."

    "Shut up." Listening to her sigh, F/N allowed herself to loosen up. "It hurts, only a bit. I mean, I've been with him since high school and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love him, I just." Taking a deep breath, her head fell low.

    "You don't have to talk about it, I get it." Her friend, Alisa, rubbed the small of her back. "What're you gonna do now?"

    Thinking over the things that had come to be in one day made her head hurt, so she decided to take it one step at a time.

    "I'm going to go home, and I'm going to pack my stuff."

    "Alright, I'll drive you."

    "No, no, I need to do this by myself." Inhaling sharply, F/N swept her hair back. "I need to break it off with him once and for all."

    * * * * *

    Her hand shakily reached for the doorknob as she fought with herself mentally.

    "C'mon, it's put up or shut up."

    She pressed onward inside where Atsumu sat distraught on the couch.

    "Baby, oh thank God." He rushed to hug her while she backed away from his embrace.

    "No. I'm not your baby, anymore. And you have no one to blame but yourself." She frowned at his desperate face, taking a shaky breath. 

    "No, no please don't leave me, please. . ." His arms fell around her and he plummeted to his knees. His face pressed into her stomach, hot tears burning into her skin. "You can't leave me, I need you."

    She swallowed hard, her voice breaking.

    "I love you, I love you so much."

    He hugged her thighs, as though a child clinging to a leaving mother.

    Her breath became more rapid; she began to hyperventilate.

    "No! No, Atsumu. You can't, you can't just," Her voice fell behind her.

    Where were the words?

    Stuck somewhere in the color spectrum or maybe between the afterglow of prolonged love and self-destruction?

    She loved him, but how far can love take you?

    "I'm sorry I couldn't make you stay." It burned, words spilled from her mouth. "I'm sorry, Atsumu. I wasn't good enough."

    "No, please stop." He sobbed into her skirt.

    Something vast sat atop her cheeks and septum while her vision fogged over.

    "Get offa' me, man." She shoved him away. "I don't know why the hell you're crying cause your dumbass got caught."

    "Can you even give me the chance to explain?"

    "I don't need an explanation, you've been cheating on me and to keep me off your tracks you've emotionally manipulated and exhausted me."

    "Give me another chance."

    "No, I'm done. I'm sick of this." Tracing her lips, she began to walk to the bedroom, she listened to his miserable sobs while packing her stuff. Sooner than she expected, he came from behind her and placed his body against her back. "Atsumu."

    "I, I know. I know. I just want to feel you one last time."

    Her locs fell unkempt against her face as she grew exhausted, and soon she let herself rest against him as well.

notes:
this is unnecessarily dramatic.

not gonna apologize for it though.