9

Charlee sat with Lily and smiled. She knew that Max was avoiding her ever since she had told Bailey about them. She hated what she had to do. But she knew she wasn't going to do it anymore. She couldn't do it anymore.

She knew Bailey wouldn't talk to her and she hated it. She was pregnant and she was alone. She heard a knock at the door. She answered it and frowned as she saw Tom. "So when were you going to tell me about your affair with Max? You and I were together. And I think I had a right to know," Tom said.

Charlee looked to him and rolled her eyes. "Well I'm sorry Tom. I've had things on my mind. And your feelings aren't one of them. Okay?" She told him.

"You mean the fact you're pregnant by Max? Bailey told me what you said. And she thought I should know," said Tom.

Charlee sighed as she looked to him. She could tell he was pissed. "You know you're angry. But this is not all my fault. You slept with someone else too Tom. So don't act all that hurt," Charlee told him.

"I've come for Lily. I want to take her out," Tom said as Charlee nodded.

****

Charlee got to work. She saw Max as he walked over to her. "I hope you're happy. Bailey won't let me near Isla," he said.

Charlee frowned as she looked at him. "Do I look happy? I'm pregnant and alone! And I did what you said you would," she said.

"I said I would do it in my own time. I told you that Charlee. But you couldn't wait. Look, that baby, you aren't going to cut me out," Max told her.

Charlee rolled her eyes. She looked at him. "And you think I would do that to you? Bailey is pissed with you and with me. But we expected this. I just can't do this without you," she said.

Max sighed. "She would do this either way. I just hope Isla will be okay. And she'll let me see her soon. I just need to focus on you and the baby," Max told her.

Charlee smiled slightly. "Tom knows. He came this morning and kicked off," she told him as she drank her hot chocolate.

Max sighed and nodded. It'll be okay. I promise," he said.

Tom and Bailey walked in. They looked to Max and Charlee. Tom walked over to Max and punched him. "Tom!"

"Ask him what he did," Tom said as he glared at Max.

Charlee frowned. She looked to Max. "What's he talking about?"

"He and Bailey had a fight over the two of you. He hit her," Tom spat.

Charlee looked to him shocked. Before she walked out.

****

Charlee stood in her classroom and sighed. She knew everything was a mess. And she hated it. She was avoiding Max. She didn't know what to think about the fact he had hit the mother of his child.

She knew Max. And she loved him. But seeing him like this, changed everything for her and she hated it.

Charlee wiped the tears from her eyes. She frowned as she felt cramping pains. She winced in pain. She sat down and rested a hand on her baby bump.

She felt another shooting pain and frowned. Charlee was scared.  She was scared about how all the stress was getting to her. And how she could be losing her baby.