10

Charlee sat in the hospital and looked as Bailey walked in and smiled. "You didn't have to come," Charlee said.

Bailey sat next to her bed and smiled. "Of course I did. Look, despite the Tom and max drama, I am still your best friend. And I love you and you're loosing your baby. The baby you haven't even told him about. I know he's a dick but he had a right to know," Bailey said. 

Charlee looked to her and sighed. "I was going to tell him. And then he kicked off about me telling you about us. And then he hurt you. And then it happened. It was just hard. I didn't even know I was pregnant. I didn't know I wanted her until it was too late. You know? And now I am loosing this baby. I didn't even know I wanted it. It's just all a big mess," Charlee said

Bailey sat on the bed next to her and wrapped an arm around her and smiled. "I know that you are going through hell. But I am here for you. And you are going to stay with me and Isla until everything is okay. Okay?" Bailey said as Charlee nodded.

Charlee was grateful that Bailey wad there for her.  Despite how Charlee had damaged their friendship.

****

Charlee sat in the living room. Tom had Lily for a few days as she knew how hard it was when she had lost her baby.

Charlee looked to her phone and sighed as she saw Max was calling her again as Isla walked in. "Mummy say you sad I give you my chocolate," Isla said.

Charlee looked to her and pulled her close and kissed her head.  "Aren't you just the cutest?" Charlee said.

"You feel better? I help?" Isla asked

Charlee smiled. "Yeah you helped," she said smiling to the young girl. Knowing  how much unlike Max she was.  Despite that she was his daughter.

Charlee looked to see Max as he continued to call her and groaned. She knew that she hadn't told him where she was staying. And she didn't want too.

She was still mad at him about the fight.  She didn't want to see or speak to him. But she knew that she would have too sooner or later.

Charlee knew that she had to find the courage to tell him she lost their baby. And she was scared as she knew Max. And she knew how he would possibly react to it all.

****

Charlee answered the door. She smiled as she saw Tom as he brought Lily back. "Thanks Tom. I think we need to look into arranging custody," Charlee said.

Tom nodded. "I think that you are right. Bailey told me what happened. And I'm sorry if I caused this," Tom said.

Charlee looked to him and smiled. "You didn't do this Tom. I seat it just happened," Charlee said as Tom smiled.

But could Charlee find a way to make it work after loosing her baby?