14

Charlee knew how things were with her and Max. She knew how bad that things had gotten. And she knew the hatred that she felt for him. She had lost her baby and she held him responsible for it. The way the at he had treated her and acted. She blamed him for it all.

Charlee lay in bed with Lily and smiled. She knew how hard that things had gotten. And she knew that Lily was her world. And all that she cared over was being the best mum that she could be to Lily.

She knew that Lily was growing up and she was getting older and becoming more aware of things around her.

Charlee knew that as much as she hated Max and wanted him to pay she didn't want Lily to get caught up in all of it.

"Come on let's get you ready. You're going to stay with your daddy and Bailey later."

"And Isla?"

"And Isla," Charlee said.

She knew how much Lily loved Isla. She knew how Max was also Isla's father. But he never seemed to be there for her either.

Charlee knew how things were and just how everything was a mess but one thing that she was glad over was her and Tom. And how they seemed to become friends. And do what was best for Lily. Despite the fact that they had both had affairs.

Charlee knew how all that she wanted was for the best for her daughter. 

****

Charlee got to work and stood in the staffroom and looked to see Bailey as she walked in and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" Bailey asked. 

Charlee looked to her and smiled. "I'm okay. A lot has happened. But I'm okay. I just want to move on with my little girl, you know. I just hate how Max is acting as if nothing happened. And is going around acting like he is it. He said I missed him. I mean after all he has done. I don't miss him. I hate him."

Bailey smiled. "That's Max for you. When things with him are good they're good. But he's one of those people who likes to cause drama. And thinks that everything is a game. He hasn't even seen his daughter in two months," she told her. 

"Is Isla okay?"

"Tom has been there for her. But she's upset after all she's been through," Bailey said as Charlee smiled.

Knowing how none of it was easy.

****

Charlee sat in her classroom. She looked to see Max as he walked in and glared at him. "Whatever it is I am not in the mood leave me alone."

"You can lie to yourself all you want. And say that you hate me all that you want. I didn't mean for you to lose the baby okay. But you know that you still want me," Max said.

Charlee looked to him and rolled her eyes. "I will never want you again Max. What we had died when my baby died. Get that into your head," she said as they looked to each other.

But was it really over between them?