8

Charlee hadn't gone to work since she had revealed her and Max's affair. She felt like a cow. Especially to Bailey. She knew Bailey didn't deserve it.

Charlee looked up as Eddie walked in. He smiled. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

Charlee looked at him and sighed. "I was ashamed. I didn't plan this. But it happened. I fell in love with him and he promised me the world. He said that he would leave with me and go away. He said he loved me and it was all a lie. I'm having his baby and I hate it because I have Lily. Tom won't even look at me and I feel so alone," Charlee said as she felt the tears pour down her cheeks.

Eddie looked at her and smiled. "It's not your fault. It's going to be okay. I promise you," Eddie said as there was a knock at the door.

Charlee sighed to herself as Eddie walked to the door and answered it.

Charlee looked up and sighed as she saw Bailey. "I think we need to talk," Bailey said as Charlee nodded.

Eddie picked up Lily from her baby walker and smiled. "I'll take Lily and give you both a moment," he said as he placed Lily into the pushchair and left the house.

Charlee looked at Bailey and sighed. She ran a hand through her hair. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for any of this. I swear. You've got to believe me," she said.

"You're meant to be my best friend. And I should be mad. But since you and Tom broke up, I've been sleeping with him. That's why I can't be mad. But I need to know. You and Max. How serious is it?" Bailey asked.

"I love him. I thought he loved me too. But he's telling me lies. I'm pregnant too. That's why I told you. I can't live with the lies anymore," Charlee said as she took a sip of the water to get rid of the morning sickness.

Bailey sighed and looked at her. She sat down next to her. "I just thought you could have told me. Especially with Isla being ill."

Charley smiled and nodded. "I know. And I should have. But I'm sorry."

****

Charlee got to work and sighed as she sat in the staffroom. Charlee had been avoiding Max. But she knew that she had to go back to work.

She sat in the staffroom and looked up as Max walked in. She groaned as she looked at him. Max glared. "Do you have any idea what you have done? Any idea what you have ruined with me and Bailey?" He asked.

Charlee looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Because it was ever so perfect wasn't it?"

"Do you think that this is a game? She has stopped me from seeing Isla," Max said.

Charlee sighed. "How's this my fault? You're just as much to blame for this as I am. So sod off," Charlee spat.

Charlee stood up and went to walk off as Max grabbed her. She pulled away as he pushed her. Charlee yelled out in pain as she went crashing into the side of the table only to cry out.

She clutched her stomach as thought about her baby. But had Max just caused her to lose their baby and would things ever be okay again?