6

Charlee laid in bed and sighed as she laid down next to Lily. She didn't know what to do. She was pregnant and she knew it was Max's baby. She had no idea what she was going to do.

Charlee knew Max was busy with Isla who was ill. The last thing he needed was for her to arrive and admit she was pregnant which would blow everything up.

Charlee looked to Lily and smiled. "Mummy is in a mess. What we going to do baby girl," she said.

Lily laid and babbled away. "Dada," she said.

Charlee sighed. Tom was the last thing on her mind. She and Tom hadn't had sex in months and she knew he wasn't stupid. He would know that the baby wasn't his. Charlee knew she felt so alone and trapped right now. She didn't know what to do.

She felt as though the only thing that she could do was leave. She knew she didn't have anything else left apart from her job that she could get somewhere else.

She was going ahead with her and Max's plan. But it was just going to be her, Lily and the baby.

****

Charlee got to work and sat in her classroom. She felt dreadful. Eddie walked in and smiled as he looked at Charlee. "Are you okay? You don't look very well," he said.

"I'm fine. I'm just under the weather. A lot is going on at the moment too," she said.

Eddie nodded. He felt bed for her. "Tom?"

"Partly. We're over. We both know it. It's not good to stay with him just for Lily. I don't want it to be fighting all of the time," she told her dad.

Eddie smiled and took her hand. "You need to do what's best for you."

****

Charlee walked down the corridor and frowned as she saw Tom who was with Bailey. She watched as he hugged her and frowned. She could see how close that they were. They were best friends but part of her felt like there was something going on between them.

Charlee knew the last thing she wanted was to jump to conclusions. Especially when Isla was ill. He could have been comforting her. Charlee didn't know what to think. Her head was a mess.

****

Charlee walked into the office. She saw Max and sighed. "You've been avoiding me," he said as he looked at her.

She looked at him and rolled her eyes. "You think? You dropped me like I was nothing Max. It's fine though. I'm leaving anyways."

Max sighed and took her hand. "I never said we couldn't be together. We just need to keep it secret," he said as he looked into Charlee's eyes.

Charlee shook her head. She sighed. "That's not going to happen. It's too late for that," she told him. She saw the look on her face.

Max frowned. He was apprehensive. "What do you mean?"

"I'm pregnant. It's yours," Charlee said as she walked off.

Max looked at her in shock. He knew it was all going to blow up. Big time.