Chapter 3: Power Perks

Blazework POV

"Frostbite, have you disabled the cameras yet?" I asked through my earpiece. "You'll have 10 minutes tops to get in and out." She said with frozen guards behind her. "I'll only need 5!" I said rushing in. When Striker said security was tight he wasn't kidding. Bear traps, bowling balls, shock wires. 

Just the usual. I had to melt a few things with my lava but that's fine. Then I saw her, past a ring of lava and molten rock I saw Toxin just through the bars. "....Toxin?". She immediately stood up and looked towards me. "Hey kiddo, been a while.". I wanted to cry, but I had a job to do. Walking through the lava was easy enough. I started melting the bars, but once I did the alarms went off. 

"Frostbite what the FUCK is going on up their?!?!?!?!?!?" I yelled into my earpiece. "It must be a contingency plan. Your timer just went down so get the fuck out of their now!!!!!". Once we got outside we were met by three things:

A blood covered Carnage,

A bunch of guards with guns,

and A helicopter with a CRIMSON sign on the side. 

On of the guys started getting closer, but before me or Carnage could slice and fry the guy Toxin stepped in. "Who's this?" Frostbite asked me. Toxin gave us all mask and and we backed up. She then breathed in and said "I've waited 10 years to feel this air!". She then stomped on the ground and a bunch of toxic gas started coming out of her nose.

Frostbite then created a pillar of ice and we all got in. "This is Blazework to Striker. Mission successful on the way home!". Once the helicopter was out of bounds and on the way back I messaged Striker and said:

Blazework: Otw back and got Toxin

S: Come back alive

Blazework: We will

Spinnette POV

".... I.... I gotta call Jack!". I said looking at the red. "If Carnage is in town I'm screwed! I'm super fucked!" I said while calling him. "Hello?" "Hey Jack its Ghost." I said trying to get to the point. "So hey have you ever heard of a guy named Carnage?". He stopped for a minute, sighed, and said "What happened?". I put it on speaker and said "He just came here with his death posse and took some purple haired lady-" He then spit out whatever he was drinking and said "Did they leave the area?!".

"..... Hey jack."

"Yeah?"

"On a scale of 1 to 10 how screwed are we?"

"1000!"

"In that case yes!!!!!"

*9 a.m.*

Aira POV

"*yawn* Morning spin." I said to spinnette. "Morning. By the way the guys wanted me to give you this." she said handing me a sheet. "'Power Perks'? What's that?" I asked drinking some coffee. "It's basically a sheet to describe your powers. Come to think of it I don't think we ever had a non work conversation about our powers." she said. 

I then looked up and said "Let me go first then. My element is wind which was obvious. Some perks include using it to levitate and in some case fly, taking away oxygen, making an air bubble around my head for diving missions and, shaping it into stuff like wires and vines." I said. "Now you."

"My powers are fear and lightning! Perks to  it would be the ability to charge stuff, my pocket dimension, pink lightning, soul energy tracking, showing and seeing your worst fears, and then electrical control."

We sat there and thought about it for a second. "So can I ask a girl question?". At first I was taken aback by this question but why not. "Sure what's up?" I replied. "Have you ever.... Been in a relationship?". I just thought about the question and said "No not really. Why?". "...... No reason. I'm just curious at the moment.".

I swear I thought I saw her blush a little. "W-well I'm going to go take a shower a-and I'll see you later!" She said speed walking out of the kitchen. "I wonder what that was about?" I said thinking about her reaction.

Spinnette POV

"Have you ever been in a relationship?! Spinnette Starling what the lightning FUCK were you thinking?!?!?!?!?!" I said while in the shower. 'Still though' I thought to myself. I'll be the first to admit I'm.... A sucker for that woman. ".... Jesus Christ spin get control of your emotions.".

Once I got out I went on my phone to my private numbers. I then scrolled down to one called 'Emotional support spider'. I pushed it and the voice of an old woman appeared on the other end.

"Ah. Hello 'Ghost'. It's been awhile, what's wrong?". I take a second to think and say "Meet me at revenents building faction. We need to have a long overdue talk."

Another one bites the dust. See you in the next chapter!