22: The Voice Of No Homo

To say that Mikey was the only one of the two that was entirely mindfucked by their situation was a lie, and Pete Wentz was the living proof of it.

Pete wasn't the sentimental type, and he most certainly wasn't the wallowing in his own pity type, but still, that seemed to have changed, but then again, Pete had doubted that Mikey was his type, and from the feeling in his heart, he most definitely was.

Of course, it couldn't just be so easy as for Pete to just kiss Mikey and tell him how he felt or something, because it was almost as if everything inside Pete's head was determined to ensure that he was never happy with Mikey: an over reactive anxiety of sorts, almost like an allergic reaction to cute boys.

Goddamn it, if Pete was allergic to Mikey Way, then he knew that in a heartbeat he'd still be more than happy to bend that boy over in instants, but, of course, it was just chemicals and worries, and Pete wasn't entirely sure what the deterring thoughts in his head were even trying to achieve here.

Perhaps it was the voice of God in his head, and that was why there was such a strong emphasis on 'no homo', but the voice hadn't particularly said all that much the other day when Pete had lied to his parents about having study group to get out of going to church- hey, perhaps it was Satan, or maybe if Pete didn't stop lying to his parents, and well everyone, he was going to end up being Satan.

He kind of felt like Satan right now. Especially in regards to Mikey's upset and disappointment the last time they met: the time Mikey told him that him and Alicia had gotten back together, of course, Mikey had denied it, or at least tried to, but even now, Pete wasn't entirely sure what to believe, because things were confusing, to say the least, when your whole head was working against you.

But deep down, Pete kind of just knew: he knew that Mikey liked him - there'd been enough about that to ensure that anyone with any sign of sentience at all could pick up on it, and Pete kind of knew that he liked Mikey back.

But he just wasn't sure about whether he was ready to let this go and fuck it up so bad, because now Mikey seemed almost sure of himself, and that scared Pete. Whereas when Mikey was uncertain and awkward, it was easy for Pete just to be the goddamn biggest flirt in existence and with very few repercussions, but something had changed in Mikey, and that was obvious - it just wasn't obvious as to what.

Pete didn't quite know what he wanted at all, but perhaps a cure for this headache was his best shot, and perhaps Bob Bryar was exactly the worst person to call for that, and perhaps he should stop himself right now, because things would only get harder (and not in the way Pete would want) when he ended up letting the intoxication getting the better of him, and texted Mikey at four in the morning asking about his dick and how Pete's heart did that stupid fluttery thing every time he walked past.

Pete thought about Mikey's dick a lot.

It was kind of unsettling, but it was okay, because no one needed to know, but of course, he was absolutely fucking fucked if someone ever discovered how to read minds- although, Pete highly doubted that their first priority would be the mind of a sexually frustrated teenage boy, as opposed, to like important political figures, and mass murderers.

Pete knew though that if Mikey ever figured out how to read minds, that he would most certainly be Mikey's first priority, besides maybe Gerard, because there was that one time with all that milk and the bathtub that Mikey wasn't quite sure if had been the concoction of some fucked up dream or not.

Pete wondered if he was the important political figure to Mikey, or the mass murderer.

Pete wondered if there was any difference at all.