six

"storm.." el whispers and turns on her stomach to stare at her pet, "why can only you make me happy and feel safe?"

storm tilts her head.

"i mean, you're my therapy pet so obviously you should but why can't you be a real person? you'll be the only person that believes me excluding hopper because he's my dad." she continues and pets storm's head.

"anyways," el sighs out, turning on her back as she pulls storm on her chest, "i fainted again today. definitely was almost dying of course but i really don't care. lost another pound because yay, why not. depression is getting worse, self harm is as well. storm, this is not going well." she forces a laugh and let's a few tears drop down her face, "this is definitely not going well."

hearing her phone ding, she grabs it from her side and then checks her phone to see it was from mike.

sitting up, she goes to read the message.

mike: hey, so sorry that it's so late but i really don't get this shit. can you help? we have a pop quiz tomorrow and i'm really scared.

el: did you try to look through my notes?

mike: yes and it looks like gibberish :( wtf is all that??

el chuckles quietly and stands up with storm in her arms as she goes to facetime mike. as she sits down on her chair by her work desk, she waits for it to connect and then she places her phone up against a pencil holder.

"hey— oh my god, is that a black kitten?" mike asks with a wide smile as el shows storm, "mhm. her name is storm."

"the cutest. look at her eyes!" he exclaims as she smiles, "i never thought you'd be a cat person."

"eh, i'm a fifty-fifty. both are cute. anyways, question 11, what the fuck is that shit?" he asks as she lets out a quiet giggle, "okay so," she grabs her stuff and starts to look through to find the question she made up for him, "oh, mike. we've been through that question for at least a good 10 minutes."

he whines, "i'm sorry! you speak alien!"

she smiles to herself and sets storm on the ground, "okay, now listen carefully, mike. this question is very important and if answered correctly, it'll give you some really good marks."

he nods, "i'm all ears."

she nods, "okay then." she looks through her notes and starts explaining to him the question.

and after a good hour of explaining the whole paper, el does a recap with him and made sure he understood everything this time.

"okay, i get it." mike smiles, "sorry for keeping you up, you look tired. i'll let you go." he smiles awkwardly.

"it's fine." el whispers, "i'm glad you understand now."

he nods, "i'll see you tomorrow."

"yeah," she smiles, "i'll see... i'll see you tomorrow."

he smiles then waves, "bye storm!"

she chuckles and shows storm, "say bye bye," she moves her paw before hanging up and placing her phone away.

"should i go eat now, storm storm?" el asks in a whisper, "i'm running on nothing but ice cubes."

she purrs and nuzzles into her touch.

"no, im fine. i'll sleep and the cycle will continue." el whispers.

cycle as in starving cycle. once she feels hungry, she tries to wait it out as long as she could so it pushes back the time and till the starvation passes so much she only needs to eat a little.