twelve.

"ew," el wrinkles her nose in disgust as mike bursts out in fits of giggles, "i told you! you didn't believe me!" he smiles cheekily at her.

god, she was beautiful.

"i thought it'd taste good." she whispers quietly and stares at her pumpkin spice latte, "this tastes like butts."

he snorts, throwing his head back, "i'll go get you your usual then." he begins to stand up but she stops him, "no! lunch on meee!" she cries out as he shakes his head, "nu-uh. it's not lunch anymore, it's snack time." he sticks his tongue out and then walks out.

"hey! that's my signature move!" she places her fits on her hip and shows a angry but playful stance making him laugh from the line and do the action again.

she giggles to herself and turn away just as she feels her phone ding.

ella: pick me uppp

el: ur at school so get off ur phone. i'll see u after yes?

ella: ok fine. love you <3333333333333

el: i love u too <3333

"your latte." mike comes back with an iced coffee and el gives him a toothy grin, "thank you." she quickly grabs it and takes a huge sip.

she sighs out happily, "so much better."

he grins and nods and pulls out his phone and starts to text something that el couldn't see since she was across from him.

so she stares at her muffin and quietly sips on her drink as she waits.

maybe it was his mom and it was urgent! she'd never know.

"hey el," he calls out quickly as she hums in an instant and snaps her head up.

she sees his phone held up faced towards her as she furrows her eyebrows, "what?"

he chuckles, his body leant back a bit as she tilts her head, "are you filming me?" she breaks into a wide soft smile with a quiet giggle as he grins, "mhm," he hums slowly before lowering his phone, "i'm posting that on my tiktok."

"it was a tiktok!? no!" she whines and covers her face with both off her palms, "no, you have too much followers, no no no." she shakes her head as he chuckles.

"sorry, doll, it's posted but hey, i'm in it as well so yay!" he makes a sarcastic voice at the end as she peeks through her fingers and then groans, "that's even worse! they'll watch the whole thing because they saw your face and then boom, ugly girl appears. no no no! delete, delete!"

"shut up, you're not an ugly girl." he looks up from his phone, "and i just posted it."

"i hate you!" she reaches over to punch his shoulder but he barely budges and instead laughs, "i know that was the hardest you could ever punch and it's funny how i didn't even move."

"ugh!" she groans and kicks him under the table with a teasing expression.

"okay ow!" he grunts, "that was my bloody thigh!"

she giggles, "boop!" she taps his nose, "oh my god, you have the same expression as my little storm storm!"

"did you just compare me to a cat?" he asks in pure shock as she tilts her head, "a cute one so it doesn't matter."

he shakes his head and sinks down in his seat just as she gives him a dimpled smile.

☁︎

"c'mon, look, everyone is calling you cute," mike says, following el around the school as he talks about the tiktok of her he posted a few days ago.