sixteen

el was laid in her bed, staring up at the ceiling and doing nothing because her mind was currently a very very big mess.

storm was laid with her and was silently cuddled up to her like she had a lot on her mind as well.

"what's with the sad mood, kid?" hopper asks from the doorframe as she turns her head a bit, "my mind is a mess, please help me."

he nods, walking in and quickly circles the bed to sit besides her since storm occupied the other side.

"alright, spill." he says as she sighs out and groans, "i'm very very confused. i think i'm confusing myself but that doesn't happen very often, you know."

"okay, kid.. i'm going to need you to be specific for me." he says softly with a chuckle at the end.

"i think... i think i like mike. which is absurd! he's my friend.. my very very good friend and even best friend but he cares for me differently than the others in the party do? he asks me if i'm doing okay, if i have ate, if anyone talked crap about me and if he needs to punch another guy which i scolded him for by the way because troy had a black eye." she laughs a bit to ease the situation and the exhales.

"but he just.. he cares for me in a way i have never seen or felt before and— and oh my god, i don't know what the hell i am feeling and i'm just so scared as well but i know i shouldn't be because he is not him. not even one bit! and.. and to top it off," el sits up and holds her finger up.

"he quoted 'you belong with me' to my face! after he said he didn't like taylor!" she exclaims as he grins, "what did he say exactly then?"

"he said; you belong with me. then he said; you got a smile that could light up this whole town." she throws her head back, "what the hell!"

he chuckles, "kid.. i think you found the one." he stands up from the bed.

"that's it!? that's all you have to say to soothe me!?" she exclaims and looks up at him with a scowl.

"yeah, lunch is in 5." he nods and heads to the door.

"but dad!" she whines as storm starts to crawl onto her lap.

"kid, he sang you taylor swift. i sang your mom shit like that and that was because i loved her to death and she smiled like how you are right now because she loved me too. think about that, honey." he exits, "now stop stressing and come eat lunch! i'm sure the man will stop by in an hour or two!"

"and how do you know?" she pulls storm up and carries her out.

"because!"

"that is not an answer!" she cries out with a huff and stomps downstairs.

"go on storm storm," she sets storm down, "eat your food."

"but dad! don't just leave me! you're basing this off a taylor swift quote!" she walks to the kitchen.

"and so are you!" he exclaims and puts their sandwiches on some plates, "all i'm saying is, you're happy with him. you laugh, you smile. you.. you feel comfortable."

"so i like him?" she asks quietly.

"kid.. honey, i think it's more than that." he smiles softly as she looks away, "but what if he doesn't feel the same?"

"oh trust me, he feels the same, el." he says, "now sit down and eat." he says just as storm walks in with her bowl.

el slowly sits and then looks up at him with a shocked expression, "oh my god.."

"i love him."

☁︎

"i love her."