twenty-two.

"storm loves you more now." el groans as mike plays with storm.

storm tugs on her toy as mike tugs it back with her.

mike laughs, "storm is so cute."

el nods with a laugh, "come on, it's time to head to your game."

he whines, "i just want to play with storm."

"babe, you're the captain of the basketball team so i'm sorry but we have to go." el says, "we can bring storm."

he gasps and picks storm up as he stands up, "you're coming with us, storm!" he holds her up on the air as she chuckles and grabs her purse.

he holds storm like a baby as el opens the door for them, "come on then."

"look how happy storm is!" he exclaims and kisses storm repeatedly.

"stop kissing her! she's gonna pick you over me now!" el exclaims and gets into his car as mike gets into the drivers seat.

he grins, passing storm onto her lap as storm claws on her chest happily with a purr.

"she still loves me!" el sings and cradles storm with a wide smile.

"of course she does, el." he says, shaking his head as he holds her thigh with his free hand, "she's your pet."

"i know.." she trails off.

"hey, you okay?" he asks and turns to her when they home to a red light.

"yeah, i'm fine." she smiles at him as he nods and gives storm a quick pet, "we're getting another cat for storm."

"i can't take care of another—"

"we are." he cuts her off, "we're getting another car for storm. not you alone. we."

she breaks out into a sad smile and whimpers, "why are you so nice!?" she whines and pushes up her glasses to wipe under her eyes, "i hate you, you're making me cry."

"well then maybe we should talk baby names," he smirks as she whines and shoves him away, "shut up and drive!"

☁︎

"her name is storm." el explains to someone passing by for the hundredth time that night.

"you are in the spotlight tonight, aren't you?" el whispers to storm as she meows and yawns.

"look at mike," el holds storm up in the air, "say yay!"

"i cannot believe mike likes cats." max grumbles, "mike wheeler is a cat person."

"right.." el laughs and kisses storm as she meows and tries to reach out to mike in the air as he scores a point.

el gasps as storm tilts her head since everyone started jumping.

mike smiles widely and runs off to the side to give storm a quick kiss on the head, "that's for being a cheerleader, storm storm." he moves to give el a kiss, "thanks to you too."

she hums and nods proudly, "i'm amazing."

"that you are." he grins and runs off again as storms purrs after him sadly.

"he's gonna come back, baby," el tells her as she squirms and tries to run after him.

"storm, no." el shakes her head and pulls her onto her lap, "in a few minutes after the game ends."