epilogue.

SIX YEARS LATER

"zoei, that's my hair not a toy," el says and walks to her seat in the gym as she bounces her toddler on her hip.

being 3, zoei sure did love biting hair. so el put...

"look, theres mike!" ella smiles widely, pointing to mike who was practicing in the middle of the gym as she follows her.

after mike and el got married three years ago, ella's parents got into an... accident.

they were in a car accident since they were drunk driving and so mike and el decided to adopt ella.

and then zoei came along which ella was so excited for.

"look, it's daddy!" el gasps and sits down as zoei giggles and claps her hands.

zoei was wearing her usual onesie. a pink onesie with her full name on it that mike had made with the date of her birth as a number on it.

"daddy!" zoei squeals and points which gets mike's attention.

"baby, daddy's practicing." el chuckles and pushes her hair behind her shoulders.

"there's no signal in here." ella frowns.

"why do you need signal?" el asks and fixes zoei's pigtails.

"to post this and to have everyone be jealous of me of course." ella says and raises her phone up in the air.

"aren't they already jealous?" el asks, "so you tell me every single day."

mike walks over to the sidelines and el looks up and smiles at him, "hi."

"hey baby," he kisses her forehead and grabs zoei, "and hi there my precious." he bounces zoei in his arms before bending down to kiss ella's hair, "what are you doing there, ella?"

"no signal." she frowns.

he snorts and looks at el, "it's your panda face." he grabs ella's phone and helps her, "there you go. you got signal and wifi." he hands the phone back before squishing zoei's face.

zoei let's out small giggles at the contact and quickly sucks down on one of his fingers.

"baby!" el laughs and tickles her stomach making zoei squirm.

she reaches out to ella and ella goes to grab her, "hi!"

"ella," zoei babbles as mike ruffles her hair, "i'll see you all later during halftime. i gotta run,"

el motions for him to bend down and he does so for her to lean in to close the gap between them and connect their lips.

"good luck," she whispers as he nods, "i love you."

"i love you more." she murmurs against him, "big baby." she adds quietly as he snickers, "panda." he pecks her cheek before moving to peck zoei and ella on the cheek as well, "i love you both very much." he smiles widely before waving and walking off.

ella takes a selfie of her and zoei since zoei was now on her lap and she goes to tap el on the arm.

"yeah?" el turns to them as ella points the camera to them.

"look at zoei," ella giggles as el chuckles and tighten her pigtails, "she looks so clueless right now."

"where daddy go?" zoei babbles as el smiles, "look, he's right there. can you cheer for dada?"

zoei slowly claps her hands as ella puts away her phone and then leans down on el's shoulder.

"you tired?" el asks as she shakes her head, "nope."