03 | Three

PHOEBE HAYES

"GUYS, I'M HUNGRY." I say purposefully dragging out the y. My eyes are dropping down from all the sleepless nights but for some reason I think food will cure that. Though I do know that it can't.

"Well then go get something to eat." Elijah gives me the 'are you dumb' face. This bitch is really starting to get on my nerves with his smart ass comments.

"Last time I remember I wasn't talking to you." Folding my arms across my chest, I give him a smile then turn my head back towards everyone else, a glimmer of excitement flashes through my eyes and I contain my happiness because nobody likes an overly happy person.

At least that's what my parents said.

"You are now."

I throw my hands up frustratedly, automatically giving up on trying to have an actual conversation with him. "Oh will you just shut up." The amount of times that I've rolled my eyes while talking to him today is making me think that they might roll into the back of my head if I don't stop.

"Like you said, not going to happen." He smirks at me, continuing on with his homework. His eyes trail all over his page, while his other hand has a pen in it writing down some random shit that I can't see. I wonder if he has good handwriting. All the guys I know except for Luke have terrible handwriting, and it makes me believe that all of them automatically have horrible handwriting.

A thought pops into my mind and I quickly grab his notebook by the metal springs, to which he lets out a very defeated sigh. "Ha!" My smile quickly fades when I look at the page in front of me. Covered in black ink but more importantly, his handwriting is so neat. Well would you look at that. Never did I think I'd be proven wrong.

Joking, but if I'm being honest, I think of myself to be right all the time, never to be proven wrong because I know what I'm talking about. . .most of the time.

Okay fine, I always lose arguments but that's besides the point.

Now this just makes me want to punch him in the face more than I already do. That's saying something because I've only known him for a few hours.

He grabs the paper back without saying a word and I put my chin on my hand turning to Harper. "Do you wanna go get food with me?" She shakes her head no with a sad smile on her face, "I can't, I have class in like five minutes, which reminds me that I should be going." She grabs her backpack off the back of her chair waving goodbye to us.

"What about you guys?" I look at Luke, Gia and Andrea.

"I have another shift at the bakery." Gia says clasping her hands together on top of the table.

"I have practice soon." My smile falters knowing that I'm going to be spending the evening alone.

"Andrea. . ." I speak hesitatingly.

"I'm sorry Phoebe, I can't, I'm supposed to be working on a group project with some people for a little bit." Well, there goes all my fun.

I hate being alone so I fill my time with my friends, but at the end of the day they have things to do other than hang out with me and I get it. I just wish it weren't like that. The thought of being alone makes me sad and actually being alone is even worse. Yet, I find myself doing it all the time.

"It's okay you guys, just call me if you want to go out later, okay?"

They all nod in unison before getting up from their seats to go back to class, or wherever they have to be that I'm not.