07 | Seven

PHOEBE HAYES

GOING TO PSL WAS probably the best decision next to leaving my parents. Today is going to be really fun considering it's the Harvest Festival and this is my second time going. Every year they do a bunch of stuff like apple bobbing and fun games to raise money for the school. I wouldn't say our school is broke but they need the money to pay for year round repairs and I don't mind spending a little money if it's for a good cause.

As far as I know that isn't the only reason that they raise money, part of it goes to a local charity they have been donating to for a while and the rest is for different clubs around school.

This year is especially great because I finally got everyone to agree to go with me, though Harper has no problem going while the rest of those losers think it's better to stay in and watch Netflix all day.

I mean who wouldn't want to do that, but this only happens once a year and then we have to wait until two weeks before Christmas for the Winter Festival. Oh! Hot chocolate, I can't wait for that, but at this time of year it's either pumpkin spice lattes—which I don't like, or apple cider.

Either way I just hope to win at least one stuffed animal to add to my collection, and I know some people would make fun of me for being nineteen and still having stuffed animals but they're mostly just for decoration. Though some of them I took from my room back home because they were the only good things I could remember about my childhood, unlike other. . .unpleasant things that I'd rather forget right now.

My thoughts start to jumle together as I try to concentrate on one thing at a time but it's starting to make my head hurt.

"Please don't leave me, you promised me..."

My eyes shoot open as I look around my most definitely silent room. Now it seems that I'm going crazy. I rub a tired hand over my eyes before sitting up fully. I keep my gaze on the white paint of my door trying to focus on what happened.

I was doing my homework on my bed, which by the way was a bad idea and then I guess I just fell asleep and took a quick nap. Though when I look at my clock it's been two hours and that definitely is longer than a nap.

Just then my phone buzzes and I look at the contact to see that it's Harper. "Harper, hey, are you all set to go?"

"Yeah I'll walk over to your dorm soon and the others will meet us there," she says from the other end of the phone.

"Hopefully they actually show up," I snort. "I should go get changed, I'll see you later."

"See you soon," she replies.

I quickly get out of bed scanning my outfit in the mirror beside my desk to see that I'm only wearing a white long sleeved crop top and plaid pyjama pants which I will not be wearing outside considering how cold it is.

It takes a while for me to dig through my closet for an appropriate outfit for this weather, but I decided on a big navy blue sweater with beige wide cut pants because I don't have any jeans that don't have holes in them and considering it's only four degrees Celsius outside, I obviously can't wear them.

I grab my purple puffer jacket along with my earrings and shoes to head for the door. When I reach the kitchen I unplug my phone from the port and slip on my low cut doc martens because for some reason I can't find any of my other shoes.

Andrea might have taken a few of my shoes since me and her coincidentally have the same shoe size which comes in handy.

I stuff my keys and wallet into my jacket pocket and grab my mittens because my hands never agree with the cold and always end up getting dry and wrinkly.