BAAM (3)

Pic of Holly's party dress => 

A week had past and things were very awkward between my parents and I. They scheduled an appointment for me with a Dr. Harris, and told me that I had no choice but to go when I complained. We had hardly spoken to each other and every time I would walk into the same room as them they would stop their conversation and stare at me. Dad had been keeping a close eye on me, as if I would simply jump up and run off to a wild party in Malibu. Mom had been feeding me a strange diet - I was used to pizza and take-out and all those other great foods, and she's been giving me low-carb, fat-free, sugarless, tasteless things - as if I need it. My life had made a complete 180 with not only my relationship with my parents, but also my personality. Before my parents started to act weird I was a happy-go-lucky kind of girl that kept to herself. Now, I am pretty bitter and looking for attention any way I can get it. 

Since the town was small, gossip was everywhere. I was out shopping for new clothes to start my new year at a new school when I heard a couple of girls around my age talking about a party. 

"It's going to be held at Dallas's," the girl with the blond hair said. 

"Are you sure? Because I heard from Jullian that it's being held at Ellcie's," the brunette replied. 

I crept a little closer to get all of the information that I needed to go to this party. Hopefully, it would be open invitation. If not, oh well - I felt like crashing a hot party anyway. 

"It's at Dallas's. Ellcie was going to have it at hers, but her parents canceled their trip, so they're going to be home all weekend," said blondie. 

"Oh. So when is it?" 

"It 'starts' at eight tonight, but most people don't show until nine or ten. And it's an all nighter - stay as long as you want, as long as you don't stay past noon tomorrow." 

"Sweet. So who is the girl?" 

For a second, I thought I was caught listening in on them, but the blonde one quickly replied. 

"I don't know. He met her, like, a week ago. Her family's really important to the pack, old friends with the former alpha and all and he said that things just clicked into place when he saw her. He won't give a description of her or anything, just keeps telling everyone to wait for him to introduce her." She gave a shrug of her shoulders and headed to a different rack of clothes., followed by the other girl. 

I headed in another direction and continued my search for the perfect clothes. I still didn't know where the party was, only that it was at some guy named Dallas's house. I had no idea who he was or where he lived. So much for partying. 

I got home sooner than expected (I love to shop and when I shop, I shop til all my money runs out) and dad and mom were surprised at my presence. They had some company over - Howard and Glory from the hardware store. Howard and Glory were seated at the island in the kitchen while dad and mom were standing on the other side. They were in a tense conversation until I interrupted them by slamming my clothes and things on the table. 

"Sweetheart! What are you doing back so soon?" mom addressed me. 

I turned to face them, arms crossed over my chest. "Finished early," I said in a flat tone. 

"Oh. Well, maybe you can model your outfits to us later- when your father and I get back from Howard and Glory's." Mom motioned for them all to leave. 

"Right." I followed their every move with my eyes. 

"Holly, can you keep an eye on your brother while we're gone?" dad asked me.