BAAM (12)

Pic of Holly in wolf form =>

So we sat there, neither of us saying anything. I was not going to be the one to break the ice this time, he was the one to come into my room and tell me that we needed to talk, so he should be the first to say something. Anything. It was a few painful, silent minutes before he spoke.

"You can't go on that date, Holly." His voice no longer held the aggression it once did, in fact, it sounded a little pained.

My jaw clenched. How dare he think he can tell me what to do, he wasn't my father. "You don't get to make that decision, Marcus, I do." I rose from my bed and started pacing back and forth in front of him, I didn't care if I was parading in short sleeping shorts and a tank top.

"He's using you!" He shouted. And here's the Marcus I know and hate.

"No he's not!" I stopped my pacing and stood less than a foot away from him. "You don't know him! You don't take the time to know him! You don't get to decide who I date! You don't get to decide what I do!" My anger was raising with each word I said. "Hunter has been a good friend, and maybe I don't know him well, but as far as I can see, Hunter is twice the man you could ever hope to be! So do us all a favor, and stop trying to control me!" I could feel myself start to shake, which was pretty odd, I don't think that ever happened to me before. However, I was too caught up in my argument with Marcus to really notice, or even care, about the shaking.

Something flickered in Marcus's eyes for just a brief half a second. Something like a mix of concern, understanding, and....fear? He slowly pushed himself from the bed, holding his hands out, like he was trying to touch me without me freaking out on him. His eyes were wide and watchful. "Holly, you need to calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down! I told you to stop trying to control me!" I noticed him coming closer and I took a few rough steps back. "Don't touch me!"

Marcus held up his hands in surrender and gave me a little more space. "Okay, okay. I won't touch you, but, Holly, you need to calm down." He spoke softly, as if he were talking to a child, like my brother or his sisters. I was not a child, and he shouldn't speak to me like that, it only made me more angry.

"Don't talk to me like that!"

Marcus was confused. "Like what?"

"Like I'm a child! And I already told you to stop telling me what to do! What do I need to do to get that through your thick skull!"

By this time everyone was standing in front of my doorway, I'm not sure what took them so long to get there. My mom asked Leslie to take the kids to the family room to watch a movie, since there was no way they were going to go back to sleep after hearing me shout. My dad came in and tried to grab me into a hug, I was not having any of that, for he was just as guilty as Marcus, they all were.

I was getting ready to yell some more after Howard also told me to calm down, when I felt a sharp, painful snap. My back. It was starting to twist and bend in an unnatural direction. Then came my arms, then my legs. I felt as if someone dumped a gallon of gasoline on me and threw a lit match right after it. Everything hurt and I felt so very weak, like I was malnourished. I couldn't stand, and instead I layed curled in on myself on the floor, jolting every now and then as sharper pains followed after one another. I couldn't tell if I was screaming or not, everything seemed so quiet, though it was obviously chaos. Everything was becoming blurry. At some point my body could no longer handle the mind-splitting pain and I passed out.

I don't know how long I was passed out for, but it was morning, if the sun beaming in through the window was any indication. I slowly opened my eyes. Everything so so clear, I could almost see every detail. My mom was calling my name, though she spoke low and softly across the room, I could hear her perfectly. I yawned, feeling tired and sore, and stretched. It was when I licked my hand that it didn't occur to me that something was off. I just licked my hand. No, not my hand, my paw.